C44

"Are you actually making an effort?" Alicia asks as she watches me dress up.

Rolling my eyes, I turn my head to the side to see where I'm hooking my earrings. "Yep. It's been proven that he's a maniac but it's my first date so yeah."

Only me would be excited to go on a date with someone that actually wants me dead, but if this dates goes as well as I hoped then I won't regret dressing up.

"You're crazy," she says with a laugh. I see her lay flat on my bed through the mirror.

"I know." There's no point in denying the truth.

Placing my hands on top of the drawer that houses the mirror, I stand up straight and walk to Alicia, twirling for her and places my hands on my waist as I stand still. "How do I look?"

She rolls on her side, bending her hand to support her head. "Hmm..." She hums as she looks at me from my head to toe. "It's not bad."

"What?" I look down, my hair falling forward with me. "It's not bad. I'm wearing a dress. I think the words you were looking for are 'you're pretty, Cami'."

She rolls her eyes and drops her hand to lay on her stomach, and brings her hands up to rest on her chin. "You're wearing a jumpsuit, not a dress and I mean, it's not bad but you can do better."

What? Is she kidding? I can do better. I'm wearing makeup, earrings and necklace. I don't look like myself and she said I can do better. What?

"I'm not changing. I'm going like this," I tell her and lean over to take my clutch.

Alicia shifts a little to see what I'm doing and she frowns when she sees me holding it. "Why are you carrying a purple clutch while wearing a red jumpsuit?"

I shrug. "You refuse to help me pick something to wear, so don't complain when this is all your fault." I glare at her.

"Not even going to argue," she mutters.

"Better not."

"The crystal?"

I raise and shake my clutch. "Why did you think I'm carrying this?"

Caleb probably knows what the crystal is and it won't make sense to hold it because he'll see it glow and everything. Hiding it is better.

"Clever. You ready?"

When she asks something like that, it feels like I'm preparing for a battle and I am, aren't I? I don't suppose Caleb is stupid to see through my shit and if he does then I'm screwed.

****

I meet up with Caleb in front of the dorms, he looks like he's been waiting for me and since he doesn't have my contact or know where my room is, standing out here is best.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles when he sees me. The smile hits me differently because I know of him, I don't really know him but I've read about the horrors he's done. He might be the one that wants me dead but why does his smile makes me think he's better? His smile is genuine and I have met lot of liar, does that make Caleb a better liar than Damian?

Argh! I sure know how to pick them.

"Hey, Caleb," I greet him with a smile. I've practiced smiles with Alicia before coming here because I feel he'll see through me if I make mistakes, which includes fake smiles and I've worked so hard for this day, so yeah I'll give him a real smile.

He moves closer and places his hands on my waist, I try not to flinch, knowing what those hands has done. He leans closer to whispers, "you look so pretty." He presses a kiss on my cheek before pulling away.