Chapter 17: Battle of the Eyes

(Kumotta pov)

After Shino and I made our way back to the village we saw the destruction that came from Orochimaru. Shino was immediately taken to the hospital where he would have the poison extracted from his body and he would make a full recovery.

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke made it back to the village as well. Naruto was able to defeat Gaara, albeit a very close fight. I could tell that it bothered Sasuke with how strong Naruto has gotten but I assured him that it would only make all of us stronger.

After about a day we went straight to Lord Third's funeral, it was sad sight to see. I could hear the weeps and cries of all the villagers, but the one that stood out to me the most was Lord Third's grandson, Konohamaru. I knelt down and hugged the boy as he buried his face into my shoulder and wept.

After the funeral we all went back to our homes, people began to try and rebuild the damage. Even though we were attacked we still stood strong.

(Timeskip)

I woke up bright and early today as I had a couple things that I was wanting to do. I wanted to pay Blind Man a visit and see what happened to Fuu. There is just no way they sent her back to her village, especially after attacking me. Right?

I get dressed and walk out the door to my house when I notice a familiar face.

Tenten: Oh hey Kumotta.

Kumotta: What's up?

Tenten: Not much, just finished running some errands for my dad. Where are you off too?

Kumotta: I was thinking about training today but I am not entirely sure.

Tenten: Well if you want we could always have a sparring match.

Kumotta: I can do that.

We both walked to the training grounds together still chitchatting here and there.

Tenten: So if you don't mind me asking, what's up with you and Neji?

Kumotta: It's... complicated. So I had a lot, and I mean A LOT, of pent up aggression towards the Hyuga clan. I took my anger out on Neji because of how arrogant and rude he was towards others. After our match we talked, we both now see eye to eye.

Tenten: I never knew...

Kumotta: It's okay, it was a perfectly valid question.

We eventually made it to the training grounds where we stood apart from each other.

Kumotta: Alright, any rules you want to establish before we begin?

Tenten: Yeah, don't hold back.

Kumotta: Alright then, Let's go.

Tenten immediately pulls out a scroll to unleash all sorts of ninja tools and that's when I immediately open my Sharigan and she falls to the ground face first.

Kumotta: Well... she did say don't hold back.

(Meanwhile in Tenten's mind)

Fire ensues all around her, as her skin starts to melt off of her, she screams in pain and agony and blacks out.

(Back to reality/3rd person pov)

Kumotta simply looks at her and sweatdrops.

Kumotta: I definitely went to overboard...

(Timeskip)

Kumotta was sitting down, on top of the Hokage stone faces, just meditating. Trying to see if he can talk to his older brother once more.