| 005: Slipping towel |

005| SLIPPING TOWEL |

005
| SLIPPING TOWEL |

"How dare you touch my sister like that, bro?" Sam shouted, pushing the blond away from his little sister. "Stupid Pogue!"

While the night at the beach wore on, tension escalated as the two teenagers found themselves immersed in a heated argument.

Sam landed the first punch, his fist hitting the blond-haired boy's face squarely, while cheers echoed all around.

"Stop!" Jade cried out, her hands instinctively reaching for her head in a panic, "Leave him alone!" She stood there, speechless, witnessing the scene unfolding before her eyes.

It was her fault. If she hadn't been so fixated on making Rafe jealous, her friend wouldn't be in such trouble.

Blood splatters streamed from JJ's mouth, cascading onto the sandy shore as he growled in pain. Swiftly, he wiped the trickling liquid from his lower lip with a piece of his shirt before straightening up, casting a menacing glare at the Kook in front of him.

"Come on, Griffin," JJ teased to stoke his rival's anger, "I know you can hit harder than that!"

Sam made a sudden move forward, ready to attack the Pogue, but John B lunged at him to stop him. Their bodies crashed to the ground, prompting Topper to come to his friend's rescue and pummel their adversary.

Jade seized JJ's arm, the blood still fresh around his mouth, and quickly drew him closer to her, preventing him from getting further involved in the fight.

"Don't fucking touch me right now, princess!" he shouted as he tried to break free from her grasp, but she held on tight.

"JJ, you're bleeding!" she insisted, staring at his crimson-stained lip. "Forget it, he'll be fine!"

Pope suddenly stepped in, urging the two teens to focus on the battle. They both whipped around, their eyes widening in fear as they spotted the two Kooks drowning John B in the waves.

"JJ do something!" panicked Pope, "They're killing him!"

Jade let go of the boy's arm, allowing him to dash towards a bag he had brought along. In a state of panic, unsure of how to rescue his friend, JJ pulled out the gun he had found at the Motel and impulsively aimed it at one of the two Kooks: Sam Griffin.

"You're fucking crazy!" Jade yelled, moving closer to them, her heart racing for her brother's safety. "JJ, put the gun down!"