| 015: i'm choosing you |

015| I'M CHOOSING YOU |

015
| I'M CHOOSING YOU |

As JJ dashed away from Rafe and his friends in the Midsummers club, Jade stealthily followed them. With her heels grasped firmly in hand to enhance her agility, she pursued them until infiltrating the men's locker room. As she breached the threshold, the eyes of the already assembled men scrutinized her, yet she paid them scant attention, wholly fixated on Rafe and JJ.

Sam, noticing that his younger sister had followed them, positioned himself in front of her to prevent her from getting involved in the situation. "You should leave, Jade. I'll take care of it," advised her older brother, grasping her arms to restrain her.

Jade raised her eyes, brimming with panic, to him, imploring Sam to allow her to help JJ. "Please, let me help him. I love him..." she confessed, hoping to convince him.

Sam released a heavy, resigned sigh before acquiescing. He hated the idea of seeing his sister with a Pogue. Jade deserved better. But if she was truly in love with JJ, he wasn't going to stop her.

With a gesture, he stepped aside, allowing her an unobstructed view point to witness the fight about to unfold.

"Cute outfit, Rafe," JJ quipped, needling the Kook, moments before being snatched from behind by Kelce.

"Shut up," retorted Rafe, seething with anger. All he could think about was how badly he wanted to punch him, his desire burning like a raging fire within him.

"Cute outfit, isn't it? How does it feel watching your fake girlfriend matching outfits with her ex?" chimed the one gripping him from behind, exerting a subtle pressure with the crook of his elbow.

The blond cast a surprised glance at the Kooks around him, not expecting them to be aware of Jade's plan.

"Yeah, I know about Jade's stupid little plan," Rafe remarked with a derisive chuckle, making it clear to those around him that he was ready to seek revenge. "You see, when I found out you two weren't actually together, I thought I still had a chance with her. But tonight, she made it clear that you truly took her from me, and you're gonna regret it," he declared before bracing himself to strike.

As the impending confrontation loomed, Jade instinctively positioned herself between them, ready to stand up for JJ. "Please, Rafe-" Her plea was abruptly silenced by her brother's firm grip on her arm, yanking her away, his protective instinct kicking in to shield her from the brewing conflict.

"Very Rafe of you. Five on one?" The blond interjected, seizing the spotlight to diffuse any potential anger directed at Jade.