01- Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary

^^^ Savannah while packing -capture via face time from Chelsea ^^^

Savannah had spent the two weeks before leaving for Tennessee anxiously preparing for the trip. Her neighbor would graciously take care of her plants and home while she was gone, which Savannah was very grateful for. It was almost her off-season, so she was working insane hours to prepare the end-of-term budget numbers and other portfolios needed. Dakota had given her month's notice in advance which was incredibly helpful in preparations.

However, since Dakota wasn't telling her, or anyone else for that matter where they were going she was having a hard time preparing the actual packing that pertained to the trip. It looked like her closet and dresser had exploded onto her queen size bed which was completely covered with clothes sorted by type and weather. Her phone dinged with text. She threw down the rain jacket she was holding and picked it up.

Tan 🧸: How's packing coming along?

Savannah: Horrible. A clothing tornado has hit my room. Trying to pack for an unknown destination and unknown weather is not fun.

Tan 🧸: I bet it's not that bad.

Savannah shook her head with a chuckle before raising her phone to take a picture and sending it to Tanner.

Tan 🧸: I stand corrected...

Savannah: Yeah exactly... and I need to get on a plane tomorrow to head to Tennessee! I am feeling so overwhelmed!

Tan 🧸: On a happy note aren't you excited to see your favorite person in the whole world tomorrow

Savannah: Yeah I can't wait to see Dakota.

Tan 🧸: ...rude

Savannah: I guess I'm kinda excited to see you too

Tan 🧸: Oh shut up you know you've missed me

Savannah felt a wide smile spread across her face as she looked down at her phone. Part of her felt a little silly that it had been so long yet her crush which she thought had been long passed was bubbling back up at the surface despite all efforts of pushing it back down. She and Tanner had always stayed in touch but ever since she agreed to do the trip they had been constantly texting. Chelsea had teased her about her old crush when they had talked a couple of days ago but Savannah hadn't mentioned the texting or the FaceTime calls that had been exchanged. She knew if she did not only Chelsea but Dakota would be relentless in their teasing despite Savannah's insistence that her crush was long gone.

Savannah: Only a little bit

Tan 🧸: Uh huh

Savannah: I better finish packing I'll see you tomorrow

Tan 🧸: See you tomorrow Angel

Savannah sent a text to Chelsea asking her how much and what she is packing before trying to sort the clothes and pack them neatly into the suitcases that were taking up most of her floor space. She decided to take a break to eat a snack and go through her checklist of chores that needed to be done before she left for the next upcoming weeks. She had deep cleaned her apartment just so her neighbor Mrs. Weskin wouldn't think she is a slob. She attached her work email to her personal laptop for the time being in case of emergencies and held off on grocery shopping so no food would go to waste. Which meant her snack was saltines and butter. Chelsea responded quickly seemingly having the same dilemma as Savannah with the whole packing ordeal, Jake had chimed in saying that their whole apartment was in chaos which made Savannah laugh.