Part Two. An even bigger fate (A Privileged Few)

Part Two.       A Privileged Few.

A look of dejection clouded Mu Er's face as he pondered the grim fate that every partner, he had ever duoed with in the ironstone pits. 

"How did this happen?" he wondered, grappling with the weight of responsibility. 

Were the dangers inherent in being a messenger for the Silver Circle Guard to blame or was there something more sinister lurking in the shadows.

"HMM"

"If it was so dangerous in the pits?" he pondered. Perhaps this very peril, he surmised, fuelled the genesis of the Silver Circle Sect's special cultivation skill—the San Seal—and the creation of the San.

As memories of his first-year classes flooded back, Mu Er recalled the origins of the San and the San Seals, tracing their roots to the dawn of the Nanjing Empire's first Era. It was during this time that the Silver Circle Sect established the doctrine of three-member teams.

 Within the confines of the Silver Circle Orphanage, orphaned children converged to form "The San"—a trio of warrior scholars intricately sculpted into a highly trained fighting unit that became one. Through the passage of time, they evolved into the mainstay and cornerstone of the empire's defence against the annual invasions of heavenly creatures and the relentless Beast tide.

The Diushi, esteemed as genius orphans and often referred to as the lost children of the empire, entered the Silver Circle Orphanage where they underwent exclusive specialized training in ancient practices, particularly focusing on the secretive San and its seals, steeply shrouded in mystery and tradition. These almost noble cultivators became the mainstay of the emperor's forces, showcasing their prowess and dedication in safeguarding the realm.

Despite belonging to the Diushi, Mu Er remained only casually acquainted with these esoteric teachings. His limited familiarity with the San and its associated techniques stemmed from his deliberate decision to reject this training—a choice that set him apart from his peers within the sect.  

The San and its enigmatic cultivation method meant sharing his thoughts, feelings and a closer bond with two other cultivators, through the enigmatic San Seals. The concept he felt was repugnant, and he adamantly refused to entertain it.

Adamant, Mu Er diverged from the traditional teachings of the Silver Circle Sect, opting instead to carve out his own extraordinary path, even at the tender age of six, when he was just a novice white-shirt. Although this choice initially distinguished him, recent days and experiences within the pit of 358 have left him questioning this decision. Now, he finds himself wondering if there might be some value in the San and San Seals, despite their conflict with his principles.

Mu Er enjoyed the privileges of being a Diūshī, one of the Lost—the empire calls them paradoxical epithet for the Nanjing elites. Though lacking noble lineage, they wielded authority akin to nobility, their mandate sanctioned by the emperor's edicts and decree's.

The wealth of resources available to a Diūshī was phenomenal, including the best cultivation techniques and martial secrets the empire had. This greatly aided Mu Er's remarkable progression. Displaying exceptional talent, he defied expectations by forming six rings of soul qi by the age of fifteen.

 His mastery extended even further to encompass the enigmatic power of shen, elevating him to a status among the elite of the elite. Despite his unparalleled achievements within the school, Mu Er's journey took a different turn after a solitary year in black at fifteen, marked by his refusal to join the inner circle of the Silver Circle Sect.

For Mu Er, enduring a year of obligatory service in the pits was akin to torture, weighing heavily on his conscience. He viewed it not just as a task to be completed hastily, but also as an opportunity for personal growth—a chance to hone both his physical skills and spiritual cultivation within the crucible of the pits.