Chapter 9 My San Seals

Time seemed to slow as a light flashed deep inside his obstinate black eyes before they fluttered opened, Tang Yun willed himself in front of his San Seal's floating inside his spiritual sea. Now on a mission his bare astral feet touched down on an enormous mountain range. Without hesitation, he walked through the energy field of the first dome and stopped in from of what looked like a rough silver statue.

Tang Yun's ethereal form stood before the silver statue, his hands resting on his bony hips, his deep black eyes taking in this near blob of metal. The silver statue was unremarkable in appearance but with a slight hinted of femininity contrasting with the rough and blurred details. It seemed like a poor imitation of a statue.

With a curious spirit guiding his movements, Tang Yun extended his ethereal hand, gently gliding it over the smooth, cold surface of the silver statue. Beyond the mere sensation of Shen energy, his senses tingled with intrigue as his chin tilted upwards in contemplation.

As his touch met the statue, a subtle shift occurred, as if he swept away an invisible veil, revealing hidden depths and unexpected revelations. Among them was the surprising presence of his own abundant soul qi, intermingling with the enigmatic energies of the statue.

As the dull metallic sheen reflected scant light within his spiritual sea, Tang Yun found himself lost in thought, pondering the mysteries encapsulated within the statue's form. Yet, beneath the surface of his contemplation, a faint hint of something else lingered, teasing his senses with its elusive presence. With each moment, his hand absorbed the subtle vibrations of energy, an unspoken quest for answers driving him forward.

The silver gleamed with the infusion of his spiritual senses a faint glow its muted lustre teased at hidden secrets waiting to be discovered. Tang Yun strengthened his senses and deepened his connection to the statue as he explored its surface. However, his mental probing came to an abrupt halt as if met with an impenetrable barrier.

Frustration etched across his face, Tang Yun's astral eyes narrowed as he fixated on the enigmatic silver statue, striving to recollect the teachings of the San Seals. He stood tall, one pale, lanky foot suspended mid-air, hoping this would help him focus on the task at hand. A mischievous grin spread across his face as he endeavoured to drink the statue in, his eyes stared, transfixed.

However, a nod of acknowledgment followed, everything seemed like a playful game in her presence. Yes, he was certain it was a female statue. What made it even more peculiar was the indescribable warmth that emanated from his gut, as if he recognised the statue, entwining him completely in her captivating aura. Could it be that this enigmatic statue held some sway over him? His mind jolted, causing his eyes to twitch with nervousness. He discreetly glanced out of the corner of his eyes; his lower lip caught between his teeth.

Dimly, he recalled Elder Deng's teachings on the uniqueness of each person's San Seal, a reflection of their individuality and personality traits. San Seals manifestations could take any shape or object from birds to swords type objects even detailed paintings, Elder Deng had explained. Tang Yun rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Indeed, for me, they manifest as statues," he reflected aloud.

Another bit of information that was more important was the simplest, yet most valuable benefits of San joining was the ability to establish location locks and facilitate basic communication among San siblings. Tang Yun bored again playfully poked his tongue out and rolled his eyes, fully aware of his tendency to doze off during the rest of the lesson. He contemplated banging his head against the statue, surmising it might yield more insights than the meagre fragments of information he managed to retain.