Chapter 2: New Employee

——————————🎧——————————

Hidden somewhere deep in the kingdom, Ballister and (Y/n) had found a small abandoned tower to hide out in. They had been working together to create a mechanical arm to replace the one Ballister lost.

They finished putting it together and Ballister slipped the arm under the right armor piece on his shoulder. He flexed the finger to make sure it all worked, and it did. (Y/n) and Bal smiled at their handiwork.

*knock**knock**knock*

The two of them immediately frowned and straightened up at the sound of someone knocking on the door.

Ballister looked around and picked up a broken bottle from the floor and held it up. He gestured for (Y/n) to stay behind him as they crept towards the door.

Ballister swung the door open and held out the broken bottle, only to see that there was no one there. He looked down at (Y/n) who shrugged.

Ballister closed the door. "That was weird."

"Hey boss."

Ballister jumped and pointed the bottle at a boy who stood in front of him, inside the tower. The boy was unfazed by the bottle and moved it out from his face.

"I love the secret lair." He complimented, picking up a rat from a filing cabinet. "The garbage and the smell of sadness really pull the whole thing together."

"Wait, wait, wait. Who are you?" Ballister asked.

"The name's Nimóne." He introduced

(Pronounced Nim-own. I don't now if I spelled it the right way to make it sound like that, so sorry about the potential mistake.)

He glanced down at Bal's arm. "Whoa! Yeah! Sick arm. Did it bleed a lot? Did they let you keep the old one?" He asked with an extremely creepy smile.

"What? No. Let go!"

Nimóne ran over and picked up a torch, blowing fire with it. "Ooh! Can I have it?"

"What? Put that down." Ballister demanded. "That is not for kids."

Nimóne glanced at him. "Kids? How old do you think I am?" He asked, resting his arm on a table saw.

Ballister shrugged. "I don't know, sixteen?"

He narrowed his eyes at him.

"Alright, help me out. More or less than sixteen?"

"Not a lot of kids in your life, huh?" Nimone guessed.

(Y/n) poked her head out from behind Ballister. "Do I count?"

Nimóne perked up seeing her. "Oh hey! You're the hostage, right?"

Ballister furrowed his brows. "Hostage?"

"Yeah. The girl you kidnapped? You know, if you're going to keep her here, she should really be tied up so she won't run away." Nimóne suggested.