Chapter 3: Arrested

——————————🎧——————————

Surprise surprise, Ballister got arrested.

He was shoved into a cell by another knight.

"Murderer." The knight spat before walking away.

"You had to take the arm, huh?" Ballister called after him.

Once they were gone, Ballister faced the wall and sighed heavily at his unfortunate luck.

"Ballister?" A voice spoke.

He turned and saw the Director standing outside his cell.

"Director? I'm innocent. I swear on Gloreth's name. I don't know how it...how it happened." Ballister promised.

"We all saw how it happened. I feel so foolish and...I trusted you. The Queen believed in you. She thought someone like you could be a hero. And it cost her her life." The Director said.

"Director, please. You know I love the Queen. I love the institute. Talk to Goldenloin. Can I speak to Goldenloin?" Ballister pleaded.

The Director sighed. "He is as heartbroken as the rest of this kingdom. More so now that you've taken his dear sister. Where is she?"

"I didn't take her. She believes I'm innocent! Please, listen to me—."

"No. I won't make that mistake again." The Director interrupted.

She turned to leave and Ballister called out to her one last time.

"Director, please. Give me a chance."

She paused in the doorway. "We gave you a chance."

The director left, leaving Ballister alone in his cell. He grunted in frustration and slid down the stone wall of his cell onto the floor, sighing heavily.

Suddenly, his mechanical arm was slid through the bars of his cell right next to his face.

"I told you." The 'hand' spoke.

Ballister yelped and jumped to his feet

"Hey boss." Nimóne greeted.

He and (Y/n) were standing outside his cell, (Y/n) having a pair of handcuffs on her wrists.

"What?...how..."

"Did I know this was going to happen?" Nimóne finished. "Because once everyone sees you as a villain, that's what you are. They only see you one way. No matter how hard you try."

(Y/n) looked to him, noticing his slightly saddened expression. She got the feeling he was speaking from experience.

Nimóne glanced to her and noticed she was looking at him. He cleared his throat and went back to his care free attitude.

"You gave it a good shot though. I gotta hand it to you." He joked, handing Ballister's arm to him.

Ballister smiled lightly as he took the arm and placed it back on. "Thank you." Then he noticed (Y/n)'s wrists. "Uh, why is she in handcuffs?"