Chapter 6: Kidnapping

——————————🎧——————————

The three of them sat in an empty train, heading to the market. Ballister and (Y/n) were sitting across from Nimóne who had shifted into a gorilla and was eating the pizza he snagged.

He glanced over at them. "You two have been staring. Did somebody want pizza?"

"Can you please just be normal for a second?" Ballister requested.

Nimone raised his brow. "Normal?"

"I just think it'd be easier if you look human." Ballister explained.

"For who?"

"For you. A lot of people aren't as accepting as me." Ballister said.

Nimóne scoffed. "I think you mean, people aren't as accepting as her." He pointed a finger at (Y/n).

Ballister continued to stare at him. "How did you get like this?"

"What, you mean awesome?"

"No, I just...I just want to understand what I'm working with here."

Nimóne stared him down. "I'm...Nimóne."

"That's explains...literally nothing."

He sighed and shifted back into himself. "No, you're right. You deserve a better explanation than that. I was just a kid. Cute, innocent me. I was playing in the woods, following the birds flying and the fish swimming and the deer bounding. They all looked so happy together, but I...I was alone. That's when I heard it...a song, calling me, leading me to a wishing well."

"A wishing well? How did you not know it was just a regular well?" Ballister interrupted.

"Shhh!!" (Y/n) hissed.

"Do you wanna tell my story for me?"

"Right. Sorry. Go on."

"As I slowly approached the well, a coin appeared in my hand as if by magic and I knew what I had to do. I summoned my courage, held the coin tight, threw it into the well and made a wish. A wish to one day be trapped on a subway with a girl I've taken prisoner, and an uptight knight asking me small-minded questions."

Ballister glared at Nimone while (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"For the last time, I'm not your prisoner."

Nimone smiled condescendingly. "Aw. It's cute you think that."

She scoffed. "Oh really, monkey boy?"

"Yeah."

(Y/n) playfully nudged his shoulder. "Yeah?"

Nimóne smirked and nudged her back. "Yeah. What, you think you can take me?"

She nudged him again. "Oh I know I can."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

The two began to playfully fight each other, laughing and throwing around playful banter. Ballister smiled and lightly shook his head at the two.