10.

Theo-

Nothing can ever replace the feeling of touching your mate. Whatever Nova put in my head about mates, it's all working.

Her wrist is hot in my hand. The most magneficiet colour of sunlight in her eyes pulling me in. Her lips parted. Her breaths hitched.

"Come to me Zuri. To my pack."

I had to add the later to clear myself up but I wished I had not.

I can feel her wolf. She's so beautiful.

"Theo, I-"

Everytime she takes my name, something burns in my heart.

"I have to be with my family right now."

"I am not saying you have to leave them. They are finding a safe place. I'll ask your father to stay with my pack."

I stepped a little closer. Her proximity hold me tight to her. A fog of desire is filling my head.

"Will that be alright? Won't you be strained?" She asked.

She's so thoughtful. My mate.

"Not at all Zuri. I want to know you. I.. I want us to spend sometime together. We'll get plenty in my pack, alone."

She blinked her golden eyes at me. "We haven't accepted eachother, Theo. How can I meet your pack like this?" She asked.

Her shoulders were tensed and stiff. Ofcourse that's the thing bothering her.

"Why not? You are my mate and no one can say otherwise. I want you to be with me there. Is it too much?"

I could see her thinking about it. She bite her lips in confusion.

Fuck!

How will it be if I was the one biting her lip?

What? No. Why the hell am I having these thoughts?

I let go of the hand swiftly. She's messing with my brain.

"I'll think about it." She says.

I took a deep breath but regret doing it as soon as her smell hits me. My mouth watered. It's stronger than ever.

Before I could do anything, another earthquake came. This one is not that intensified but it shook out tent from beneath. I immediately took Zuri outside again.

No one's out. I see they all are asleep or they would've felt it as well.

"Why do you think it's happening?" She asked me. Her voice deeply strained. It's like she's hiding her pain from me.

I shrugged. "I don't know. It can't be only the volcano, you know. We are doing nothing to hurt it." I couldn't see the volcano from this side but it's obvious. "There's something else."

"Someone else."

"What?"

Her golden hair were hiding me from her. But now when I look at her, I only see her in pain. There's something bothering her and it's huge.

I tugged a strand of her beautiful hair behind her ear and turned towards her. I raised her chin. "Zuri, what are you scared of?"

She gulped. Her throat working to find words. "I-I can't tell you everything right now, Theo. But-". She took a pause. "-I know it's the witch's doing."

"Witch?"

That witch? Who used to live here. Who lives here. Ever since so long. More than a 100 years?

"Is it.. How do you know that?" I asked her.

She didn't answer. All she did was look towards the direction of that volcano. "She lives there. That volcano is her home."

How is she so sure? She sounds honest but doesn't anyone know nothing about that witch? Has she met her?

My eyes hardened. "How do you know about her?" I asked again. My voice taking a threatening tone of an alpha.

Zuri blinked and took a few steps back. "I.. I just." She stammered. "I can't tell you that. But I know that witch better than anyone else."

I didn't asked anything further. We'll be in my pack tomorrow. I'd have time to clear everything there.

----