(𝐈.)𝟗𝟖 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝟖 𝐅𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

Key     normal: characters speaking in Korean

             italics: characters speaking in Chinese

             bold: characters speaking in English

WHEN 'YUEHUA ENTERTAINMENT' APPEARED YET AGAIN ON THE LARGE SCREEN, the trainees were all shocked and confused, with exception of the Yuehua trainees who were already in their seats.

Whispers and murmurs filled the room, everyone not knowing what to expect and who to appear.

"Who would it be?"

"Maybe someone who already debuted?"

"Maybe our teacher?"

"Maybe someone who has debuted will be teaching us!"

When the logo split into two, the confusion shared between trainees grew.

"G-Group and K-Group?"

"Do Yuehua trainees fight that often?"

But the moment the trainees of both groups stepped out, everyone went silent. Two groups, both with equal charisma and confidence, stepped out on the stage, presenting themselves.

Though both grabbed everyone's attention, it was as clear as day that they had different auras.

One group had a more playful and fun aura while the other looked more mature and intimidating. Unlike the trend among the other trainees, however, the former was the K-Group and the latter was the G-Group.

But that was not the one that made everyone shut their mouths.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Both teams greeted, everyone bowing down politely.

"We are Yuehua Entertainment's female K-Group!" the first group shouted, the cute and light air that they carried attracting the majority of the trainees immediately.

Too bad that it didn't last long for the second group had spoken and showed their never-ending charisma.

"We are Yuehua's female G-Group!" the girls announced, voice loud and full of authority.

Everyone looked at them whilst subconsciously clapping their hands, unable to lift their gazes off of them. Something about them was just so alluring and attractive. Especially that girl.

Zhang Hao in particular never lifted his gaze off of that specific girl of the second group. His attention can't seem to shift to another thing, anything at all that the large room had.

Li Meixing, a member of Yuehua's female G-Group, the youngest yet most dominant, looks shy yet nothing about her radiates shyness. It was like there were two different souls inside of her.

The eldest, Annalise, led the group, holding onto the youngest as the other two followed. Meixing looked up from her feet and caught eyes with the boy who hadn't been able to stop himself from staring at her.

Her eyes glinted and there was a hint of smirk playing on her lips. To others, it just seemed as though she gave him a small smile but her friends knew better. Her friends included every single Yuehua trainee.

"Why is Xingxing so weird?" Gyuvin asked out loud.

"Noona isn't weird!" Yujin retaliated, opposing the boy unlike how he was when he made his previous claim.

"That's not what he means Yujin-ah," Yunseo chuckled nervously, attempting to prevent them from getting into an argument.

"Also, shouldn't you be calling her 'noona'?" Seungeon asked, pointing at the tall boy who carelessly shrugged it off.

As they sat down in their seats, Meixing glanced around the room, scanning the trainees and making brief eye contact with those who were looking at her. The girl chuckled quietly to herself and her friend looked at her.

"What's wrong?" Jiang Shuyi asked, noticing the girl's lack of presence in their conversation.

"It's just that there are more people than I expected," the girl commented, smiling innocently at her friend.

Annalise gave her a warning gaze. "Before anything starts, I want you to promise me to behave and act appropriately."

"Anna-eonni," Meixing said slowly, a cheeky smile suddenly growing on her face. "You know I'm always well-behaved. I always know the time and place to do or not do things."

Before the older could pester her even more, Ichika spoke up. "I'm sure Xingxing wouldn't do any harm."

Annalise sighed, giving in as the younger smiled victoriously. Once Ichika is involved, there's no way of arguing back.

Then, there was a huge announcement and all their mentors came out, standing on the stage before them. Meixing clapped along with the other trainees, equally excited for this survival show to begin.

[ ~ ~ ~ ⚘ ~ ~ ~ ]

"Honestly speaking, K-Group is a bit better."

"K-Group is good at talking. But our G-Group, we just show it, we just prove it," Ricky shot back at the boy. "We don't talk."

"Let's go up on stage and see. Let's do it," Zhang Hao said with much confidence.

Standing beside the boy, Meixing felt his arm wrap around her shoulder, his body leaning slightly onto hers as she stared at the K-Groups with half-lidded eyes.

"Wow," Kwon Sooyun, a member of the female Yuehua K-Group, exclaimed sarcastically. "You sound so confident."

"Why shouldn't we be?" Meixing smirked at her, head tilting slightly to the side.

"Hold on," Gyuvin interrupted. "Xingxing, why were you so weird earlier."

Protestants suddenly spoke up, going against the boy, mainly Ollie and Yujin.

"I'm never weird," Meixing uttered. "I'm just special."

Ricky rolled his eyes. "'Specially mental."

The girl looked up at him, narrowing her eyes.

"Why is it that you're always so against me?"

"What's there not to be against you about?"

"Were you this annoying since birth?"

"I'm only like this to you."

"Okay, hold on," Annalise stopped their bantering. "Before we perform, can we agree on something first?"

She looked at the most innocent person in the room. Yes, the 'most innocent'.

"Do not do or say or even think about anything that is inappropriate," Annalise warned, her whole being emitting a dark and murderous aura. "I warn you now and I expect you to follow. Be rational."

"I've told you before, eonni," Meixing shrugged the warning off in a nonchalant manner. "I'm always well-behaved."

"Right..."