Luke Castellan x Chrysanthis Green (OC) - The Beginning of the End

wc: 1533

a/n: this is a continuation of my last series, think of this as a sort of prologue to what is to come...

also lemme know if u guys wanna see more of this I'm trying out a new vibe

Chrysnathis put away the beakers she had used that day, making sure they had been thoroughly cleaned before being placed back in the cupboard.

"Hey Christi! A few of us are going out for drinks tonight, wanna join?"

"Um, I don't know Jake, I'm pretty tired." Chrysanthis started packing up her bags, looking at her watch to make sure she didn't miss the next train.

"Chris, it's Friday night and you've been in a funk all week." Jake extended his hand with a smile, "Come out with us! I promise it'll be fun." He added, as if that made it so much more appealing. Chrysanthis let out a sigh of resignation.

"Well I guess, if it'll be fun..."

"It will." Jake assured her. Looking deeply into her eyes.

"Okay okay I'll go. But let me go home so I can change into something less... sad" Jake chuckled as he put his hands in surrender,

"No problem. 7 o'clock, you know the bar." He grinned.

As he walked away Chrysanthis finished packing up her satchel. She looked around the lab that she worked at, it was one of the best research labs in the country and after breezing through her certification for biochemistry, the job was practically offered to her. She recognized how lucky she was, how special the place she worked at was, but some part of her just wasn't there, half of her, in fact.

As she walked out of the lab she put on one earbud, looking at her phone for the time. She walked down the green subway stairs next to the lab, careful not to bump into the hundreds of people coming out the other way. 

Living in New York still felt like a fever dream to Chrysanthis. After leaving camp two years ago it seemed like the obvious choice, and she really had such a great life here. So why didn't it feel right?

Once Chrysanthis got to her apartment, she tossed the keys, took off her shoes, and laid flat on the couch. Peace at last.

"Hey Christi can I borrow your pads?" She sighed. Peace could only last for so long.

"Yea one second I'll get them for you." Chrysanthis shared her apartment with two girls she had met during her first year here, Scarlett and Cordelia. Since she paid half of the rent, she got the master bedroom while they shared the spare. 

It was nice to think she had a space all to herself, a space she had worked to get. She wondered if any of the kids at Camp Half Blood survived long enough to have that feeling. Once again she recognized how lucky she was. So lucky to not have her head mauled off by an evil demon. She didn't feel great that that's what was defined as lucky for her kind.

She hadn't had a monster attack in a while, and it was slightly off putting. She knew there was a reason for it, nothing happened by coincidence in her world. Everything had a purpose.

She snapped herself out of it, giving Cordelia her pads and then looking in her closet to see what she should wear. A certain green, spaghetti strap dress caught her eye. From far away it would look like any old forest green party dress, but up close you could see the gorgeous hand stitched leaf pattern that had been sewn there by a friend of hers back at camp, daughter of Athena naturally. She had added her own flair of sparkly beads that worked beautifully with the cut. After staring at it for five minutes, Chrysanthis tried it on.