12. Highschool memories

Alia's pov

I know that everyone will question me about Aditya and Siya .

So I started my drama , " I told you to be nice to Siya ."

" Hey , Are you really  a contract worker at RK Industries? " , Natasha asked me.

" Who told you that ? Siya?"  , I asked them .

" Yes , she told us that you are just a contract employee while she is a permanent employee . " , Sara said.

" You told me you are a permanent employee at RK Industries. So can you show me  your card ? Siya has one ."  , This time Trisha asked me .

I was trapped now. How could I show something I don't have ?
So I came up with an excuse, " I am just a staff member. So we don't have cards . And Siya got promoted easily. "

" Are you joking ? How was she promoted first if you recommended her to the company ? " , Natasha questioned me .

" We bought you many gifts and meals since you got job at a reputed company. You told us that the interviews were very tough to pass and you have to undergo three rounds of interview for the job. " They started questioning me remembering the lies that I told them one by one .

" Moreover , what did you tell about you and Aditya? You both were dating and she made you broke up ?" , Trisha asked .

How did Aditya even reach the reunion? No one was able to contact him until now so I kept on lying.

I just chuckled and said, " You are still thinking about that ?? Leave it ... We all were kids back then.. Now we all have grown up ."

" Just shut up . Now I understood that you have been playing with us with all your lies. " Natasha said.

" It wasn't Siya who copied you . You were the one who gifted her fake earrings." , Sara said .

" Why did you do all this ? She was bullied for three years due to your lies ." Natasha asked me .

I replied them , " I never told you to bully her . It was you down decision to torment her . So don't blame me...
Now excuse me . " saying this I went to the restroom.

Stupid women !  When did I ask them to bully her ? And now they are blaming me . What a bunch of losers!!
Why did Aditya have to show up now??

By the time I left the restroom, everyone left the restaurant and I was left alone.

Siya 's pov

Why did you return after all these years , Aditya ? I still remember the hurtful words you told  me that day . I just wrote my feelings for you in that letter. It's not a crime to tell your feelings to your crush . I  knew that  I don't deserve you but you could have rejected me in a decent way . There was no need to say such harsh words ...And now you say that you liked me .

Siya during  her high school

Flashback

   Alia was my only friend in the class . She joined our school in seventh standard. Since then we have always been close .I was a type of introvert so I found it difficult to make friends. So when she approached me herself , I was very happy to be her friend. And that was the biggest mistake of my life. At that time also she used to ask me to do her assignments and projects and being a good friend I couldn't refuse her . I didn't want to lose my only friend.

    I had a crush on  Aditya Mehra , my batchmate. But I was a very shy and nerdy girl and he was one of the most popular guys in the class so I couldn't tell him about my feelings. I used to secretly stare at him during the class
and sports . Sometimes I used to feel that even he was staring at me but I threw away that thought because how could he like a girl like me . He was  very kind hearted and helpful guy .

I still remember our first conversation. Once  few batchmates were teasing me  , " andhi  ullu ( blind owl ) due to my round glasses and pushed me on the ground. I injured my knee and it was bleeding and he saved me . He came towards us and asked them not to tease me and even gave me a bandaid for the injury with a smile asking me if I was okay . Since then I developed a crush on him and considered him my first love.

  Alia saw me looking at him many times and asked me about it to which I had to tell her about my crush on him . She told me many times to tell him but I refused due to fear of rejection. Who in his right state of mind was going to like a boring girl like me ? But one day she became persistent and I decided  to tell him about my feelings through a letter .

'Aditya ,
     You are a very kind hearted and nice guy . I still remembered the day when you saved me and gave me the bandaid . Thank you very much for it . Also , I want to tell you that I like you . No doubt you are good looking, but I like your character more . I didn't have courage to speak these words to you so I am writing this letter to you . It's alright even if you don't like me but atleast consider me as your friend. 

      - Siya , your batchmate '

And Alia told me that she will keep the letter on his bench .

The next day , Aditya came to me . I knew that he was going to reject me and I prepared myself for it . But then , he spoke those words that broke me , " Siya , I read your letter. How could you even think like this about me ? What did I even do to deserve this ? Your thoughts disgust me .I don't even want to see your face . Never ever approach me again. "

I knew that he would reject me but still how could he think that my feelings were disgusting. I was broken and  cried a lot . At that time ,Alia gave me a shoulder to cry . Since then he ignored me .

   And then after few days , Natasha and her gang began to bully me and students began to tease me .
They used to throw food , water , garbage on me and tear my books .I didn't have the courage to ask them why are they doing so .  I couldn't complain to the principal since she was Natasha's mom . Sometimes ,  Alia used to protect me which made  me to  trust her more.

    After leaving high school , I got admission in one of the top universities and completed my degree in another city . Alia used to visit me on weekends and we used to hang out together .
And then I got job in RK Industries where I met Samrat . He proposed me and I accepted since it was the first time someone proposed me . Since then I always used to help him or rather do his work and also gave him money and expensive gifts. Then Alia told me about her financial problems and her wish to work with me so that we work together . So I recommended Alia to the company and she got a job at RK Industries. Since then we have been together. She never left me and Samrat alone. She would accompany me to the dates and outings with Samrat . I used to carry her bags and things and they both would move forward leaving me behind. That time I thought that she didn't want to leave me alone  so she accompanied me but now I understood that she used her tactics to come between me and Samrat . Well , now I will used this to make them come closer and then I will leave Samrat . That lier and that loser deserves each other .

" Ma'a m , we reached the location. "I came out of my thoughts hearing the taxi driver.

So this explains why Siya trusts Alia . But she didn't know her true face.

Do vote and comment.