Week Nine, Sunday

Week Nine, Sunday

    Ayano wakes up with a smile on her face and text notifications on her phone. Ayano slips out of her bed and trudges into the bathroom. A few minutes later, she walks back out, hair pulled up and much more awake. Ayano gets dressed, tossing on a random shirt and a pair of shorts, then heads to the kitchen, phone in hand. She pops some bread into the toaster and unlocks her phone.

    There’s texts from Osano and Musume. Ayano clicks on Osano’s first.

    ‘ Hey, Aya! Want to hang out today? I’m heading to Taro’s, and they don’t mind the extra company. 

    ‘ I don’t mind, either. 

    Ayano snorts and quickly sends a response.

    ‘ Morning, Osano. I’d be happy to join you guys. I’ll be over in a bit, I’m eating breakfast first. 

    He responds immediately. ‘ Cool, cool. See you soon, Aya. 

    Ayano looks away from her phone in order to grab her toast. Leaning against the counter, Ayano eats her breakfast as she starts to ready Musume’s texts.

    ‘ Hey girl! So I, like, just got back from my therapist’s, and he had an idea that he thinks will help me. 

    ‘ And I should probably do it, but I’m, like, nervous? And worried? Cause what if everyone hates me still? 

    Ayano blinks at that. ‘ Musume, I doubt that everyone hates you. And, anyways, I’m sure that they’ll like you when they see that you’re changing your ways. But what does the therapist want you to do? 

    Musume takes a few minutes to text back. ‘ He wants me to join a club. To, like, gain confidence and get friends and stuff. 

    ‘ That sounds like a good idea. 

    ‘ Yeah, except I don’t know what club to join! 

    ‘ Want me to go with you and check out some clubs? I can find some time in the day. 

    ‘ Really? You’d do that for me?! 

    ‘ Of course, Musume. We’re friends, it’s what we do for each other. 

    ‘ Thank you so much, Ayano!! I gotta go now, I have, like, a mountain of homework left. Bye!!! 

    ‘ Goodbye, Musume. And you’re welcome. 

    Finished with her toast, Ayano grabs her keys and wallet, then heads out of the house, heading over to the Yamada household.

    When Ayano gets there, she knocks on the door. The door opens on its own, and Ayano rolls her eyes, amused.

    “I’m here!” Ayano calls, shutting the door.

    “Ayano?” Hanakō calls out, and the sound of rapid footsteps greets Ayano’s ears. In a few seconds, the younger boy is in front of her, face red and eyes wide. “I knew you were the person Osano invited!” Ayano must look confused, because Hanakō continues to explain. “He told me to leave the door unlocked, because ‘someone’ was coming over. You’re one of the only people he hangs out with, though!”