Prelude 00

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
I made a promise
ׂ ┈┈┈┈

The Balladeer's final moments was like a roll of messed film tapes, unorganized and scattered in random places

Everything he had ever strived to achieve for was sardonically ripped out of his world of idealism he once thought as gospel itself. One that he had tried to save her with. Salvation is like a hand that reaches out to you in the midst of the icy waters that envelop around you, sucking your figure whole. Not a single inch of your skin is remain dry under the water as you sink. But what was the purpose for deliverance of sins that cling to your skin and devours you alive, if that hand reaching out to you if covered in thorns, ripping your skin apart as you even reach out towards it. Did he regret it?

.....

If only the human tongue was able to express more than what could possibly be worded in any language of the seven, perhaps a small portion could be enunciated.

Images and voices flew around him as he sank deeper and deeper. Even the panicked shout from the traveler got muddled out amongst the waves of memories that crashed and crashed upon the desolate shores called his mind. Katsuragi.. Niwa. They never betrayed him. It was all just his naive and feeble-minded thinking that had deluded itself. No.

It was all that brazen-faced liar— The Doctor. If only he didn't exist.. Perhaps he should have attempted to erase that man instead of himself.

No. What was the point?

" K A B U K I M O N O, I roasted lavender melons!! I saved the biggest one for you, come on. Eh- why do you look so down? Was Katsuragi-san's friends teasing you again? "

Her voice silenced all the other jumbled whispers in his mind that reminded him of dreaded banquets. The myriad of voices that would scatter across the ballroom and the dinner table. About the latest fashion trend, a gossip about treason, praise towards her majesty's benevolence and the harbingers' honour... He could've easily fallen asleep rather than listening to such nonsensical rolling of the tongue and lips of humans.

K U N I K U Z U S H I stared up at his outstretched hand that extended itself out into the sky. It was late summer, but a flicker of young chill could be felt among the breezes. The chubby fingers of a nine year old being the sight that greeted him was still a feeling he had yet to get used to. Nine. It had been nine years since—

He closed his eyes shut, Feeling a slightly harsher breeze tickle the skin revealed under his indigo locks. Thump... Thump...

The fist-sized organ steadily beat inside his ribcage as air filled his lungs before depleting out in a never-ending cycle that would repeat again and again until his final breath drawed from this body. What he desired so much, enough to nearly bring an entire nation down for, he finally got. Alas, he was finally whole human. Bones so fragile they would snap at the slightest pressure that would have been a pinch to him before, soft dough-like skin that reddened should he place pressure on one spot for more than a few minutes. The organ that softly thumped away even in moments of unconsciousness, often ringing in his ears.

Even the gnosis that once hummed in his core was nothing in comparison to the real deal. Physically, at least.

Although it pulsed, his chest had never felt more hollow.

The disgusting glass tanks of preserved human organs that vile man kept around his labs was something Kunikuzushi remembered one. Unironically, he would sometimes find himself staring at one particular one. The human heart. Upon noticing his interest and after teasing him for it, the Doctor carried onto rant about random facts about the squishy organ no bigger than a large apple at most.

One thing he recalled at the moment was that without blood, a human's heart was blank white. Just like the perfect preservation floating in the slightly bluish-clear liquid in the chamber. Once filled with the crimson taint of blood, beating away in a human no longer taking another breath.

"So what? Did you really think that everyone would just toss you back out because you don't have one silly organ?"

His chest almost physically ached at the memory.

If he had one wish, it was that she too, was reincarnated in this world— but far, far away from where he was. After all, the current world was relatively safe without the threat of gods or abyssal monsters that roamed the grounds. Was the sky real this time? He did not know, nor particularly wished to know anymore.
Or maybe it was just his twisted selfishness that knew no ends like a bottomless jar that hoped her presence would be somewhere, standing on the same ground as he did.

When he erased himself from Irminsul, whatever this was the last thing he expected.

But the moment he opened his eyes, he almost questioned if gods really existed in this world.

"Hi!"

•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•

A/n  this was just the prologue, most chaps will be 2k-3k words long 😆

A/n this was just the prologue, most chaps will be 2k-3k words long 😆