༶• Scene 01 •༶

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
To distance myself
༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶To distance myself༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

" L O R D Balladeer."

The agent's voice was the first to crack the silence in the awkward tension in the mansion hall, emerging from the shadows. Knee meeting the ground and his mask faced the cold floors, hiding whatever expression was underneath. Scaramouche was often glad that Fatui soldiers were required to wear such facial covering items. If he had to stare at hundreds of different human faces to match with names almost every day, his sanity would have already came to an end.

"Don't waste your meaningless breaths on buttering up. Where is she."

"Ladyship is currently.... Composing herself in her room after being escorted."

The agent bit his tongue, poorly covering the hesitation in his tone. His superior did not respond, only dismissing the pyrogunner legionnaire with a disinterested flick of his hand. Silence enveloped the hallway once more.

"Truly... I give you everything a human could ever possibly desire. What are you always so complaintful about?" To say he was less than pleased to hear the first report he had gotten after returning from his mission was that she had attempted to escape. For the third time since his absence. She was getting bolder by days, perhaps the lack of his presence gave her a confidence boost. Or maybe desperation. But for what?

He drowned her in the luxuries only a harbinger could provide. Jewels, the finest food in styles all over the seven, clothes made top quality of silk, things no human of regular wealth couldn't even dream to lay their grubby hands upon. Didn't humans like materials? Just what did she want now??

He knew the response to that question well more than anyone else in the world. But he chose to silence his thoughts before it could be answered.

Snow silently dribbled onto the ground outside, never once announcing their presence. The cold glass began to frost at the edges due to the clear windows from the unforgiving Snezhayan elements. It was a breathtaking sight, truly. Beyond the window, warm yellow lights flickered from the lampposts. People bundled up in thick coats, armed with scarves and gloves flowed and ebbed through the stone streets like a river. Each person with their own destination in mind, everyone busily moved across the city. Such insignificant creatures that barely lived a century at stretch, hustling together to create swarms of insects that worshipped one queen ant. The blurred faces he would not recall the next half a second were kaleidoscopes to a glimpse of something he could no longer have.

His fingers latched onto the handle of the familiar door, violet ropes of electro crackling before molding itself into a physical formation— a small key. The door twisted open.