༶• Scene 02 •༶

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
Took a flight
༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

" K A B U K I M O N O, you seem to have taken a liking to green tea

" K A B U K I M O N O, you seem to have taken a liking to green tea."

The h/c haired woman remarked with a smile upon seeing his third emptied cup. He flushed slightly, covering the lower half of his face with his sleeve in realization. "I.. I'm sorry, I just kept drinking without thought." At his stutter, Niwa chortled teasingly from the side. He gently nudged his companion with a grin, making the young puppet shuffle his crossed legs under the table in embarrassment. A halfhearted thwap came to the brunette's head from behind by Y/n. "Quit teasing the boy. He looks like he's about to sob."

With a chuckle, a calloused hand was placed on Kabukimono's tensed shoulders. "All jokes. There's no need to be embarrassed." His tone carried warm leisure, like the tickling breeze, the puppet thought quietly. "Y/n's probably bouncing on the inside that someone managed to down even a full cup of whatever witchcraft of a concoction she makes all afternoon— ow ow!" E/c pupils slit in half with an unimpressed glint. "Care to repeat that to me, Hasahide?"  "Ahaha... Of course you love the tea! Ms. Y/n brews each leaf with meticulous care." She huffed and gave the brunette a warning glare.

With naively curious indigo orbs, he watched the two humans bicker. Y/n's unserious tug at the man's earlobe didn't carry the purpose to actually harm him by any means judging by the firm yet loose grip of her index and thumb. Although whining, Niwa was laughing throughout the moment. Kabukimono felt fascination towards their interactions. How amazingly complex and delicate humans were, managing to show care for one another in all kinds of unique manners. He subconsciously began to feel self conscious over his lack of understanding all over again.

The two paused their lighthearted squabble upon taking notice of their companion's gloomy aura. Y/n finally pushed the brunette's head towards the other direction with a release of her hold, who yelped and planted a hand on the ground to keep balance. "Something wrong, Kabuki?"
Nicknames. Versions of one's original names called by close people among them. A second identity given to someone by the people that loved them. When the young herbalist first began to call him that, he felt his chest tighten.  

"It's... Nothing." Sometimes, he purposely pretended to not hear her addressing his full name when she called for him— only turning around when she spoke the word Kabuki just to hear her say it. He would rather dig a hole in the ground and bury himself in it than admit it to her face any day. Niwa gave the two a smug look and suggestively raised a brow. A hairpin came flying into his face not long after. "Oww... Kabukimono, what do you have to say about this abuse you witness every day??"

"Kabuki~ Don't men tire you? Let's go help the obaa-chan's out again." A warm hand grabbed his wrist as the puppet gave a startled hum. Still, he didn't move to deny the touch and stood up while being tugged gently by her lead. Niwa and Y/n's sibling-like bicker was concerning to him at first, but eventually came to understand they didn't actually mean a single one of their sarcastic remarks towards each other. When the (physically) older human got minor burns from the hot iron he handled all day along, she would lecture him while wrapping his skin in bandages. Kabukimono felt curious and wanted to match the white fabric covering Niwa's forearm, once even purposely letting his arm linger around the heated blade he was working on.