Overcome Your Fear (Part 1)

I was cheated on.

Or rather, it was most likely I let myself get cheated on. I remember those nights, my eyes wide awake as my girlfriend and a random guy fucked loudly. It felt like they did it on purpose. What's worse was it was always a different guy.

You might say, it's the girl's fault for agreeing. You're not wrong. However, it could be a different circumstance. I tried confronting it with her but she tried to avoid it. She tried to make up for it.

Though I knew, I never had the courage to stand back up. I've always been afraid.

You might say it's the guy's fault. You're not wrong either. Man's nature is sometimes to find power, or to fuck.
It's painful to admit but when you have power, looks, money, and skills? You're top class. You're nothing like me.

So the conclusion is, it's my fault. My fear brought this up on me. My lack of determination. My hatred for myself. It all stopped me from fighting back. I'm such a coward....

All I could do now is weep and drink my fucking sorrows away in my favourite bar. Like any other guy who got his heart and mind broken. I hated it. I hated how people like me tend to never work on ourselves. But even though I had those thoughts, I couldn't bring myself to do anything.

But that all changed when I met people that helped me with my own fear and lack of dedication. It all started when I was drinking at night in the usual bar I was in. I wasn't paying attention at anything other than my beverage, but I kept whining at someone. He was kind enough to listen to my shitty story. Even to the point that I paid him a drink. Then he said those words that ignited the fire or rather the determination I needed to move forward.

"Then, do you want to become strong? Do you want to become someone who won't be stepped on again? Do you have enough hate for the things that brought you down now?"

Of course, of course I want to. Of course I want to become strong. Of course I don't want to be stepped on again. Of course I don't want to become some trash to be thrown away.
Of course I have enough hate for everything. Even myself included.

I replied with determination to his answer, despite being drunk. I answered with honesty. Then this guy, skin like coal and body like an athlete. Voice deep like shadows. He smiled with fire in his eyes, he placed a business card on the table.

"Then get ready. Tomorrow, visit this place and if you pass the test. I'll make sure you won't be as pathetic as you are now."

He said and chuckled, leaving the bar. At first I thought he was just messing around. Or he was just trying to comfort my sad ass soul since I probably annoyed him with my whining.
But no, it wasn't a joke or anything. There was really a building when I arrived at the address that was written on his card.

He was rich as fuck—

When I opened the door, I accidentally bumped at a middle-aged guy who was larger than me. Simply speaking, he was overweight. His looks sucked and his hair seemed to be fading. When I bumped onto him, some of the shopping stuff he bought fell down. I quickly apologized and helped pick things up.

"I really am sorry—"

He only replied with a smile as he walked away, but I stopped him and offered to help him since his stuff seemed like he couldn't handle carrying all of them.
Despite his looks, he seemed to live in this building. Well it was quite obvious with the whole groceries he had. I followed him while carrying half of what he was carrying.

"Thank you, young man."

He said and kept smiling. While we arrived at the designated floor and room. He opened the door to his apartment. Only to be greeted by a kid, a girl with a smile on his face. Apparently he had a kid.

And, a hot wife?!
The combination didn't fit at all. That's why they say never to judge a book by its cover. I placed all of the groceries down and looked at them.

"Oh? Who's the handsome young man?"

Asked by the hot mil—i mean wife.

"Ah, a kid who was kind enough to help me bring these up."

Said the middle-aged man with a smile while patting his kid.

"W-well then I shall get going!"

I declared and bowed, leaving the room as the family said goodbye. I went to where I should have been going. I entered the elevator and went to the top floor. It was much different than the rest. It has one door. Just one, and I had to check if I was right on track otherwise I might enter a different person's room without permission. That would really be bad for me.

"Oh! Welcome Shonen A-san! Welcome!"

Greeted by his deep voice, as soon as I entered. His room was like a whole damn house. That would make sense since he looked like he owned the building. So he works as a hotel or an apartment manager then.

"Umm Kuro-san?"

He stood up and shook my hand with a firm grip and smiled.

"So you have decided to change then? If so make sure you won't regret it because from here on out. You will suffer and earn great rewards. I—no, we will make sure you'll never be trash again. So are you ready?"

Hearing him say those words made me want to run away but I chose this. I don't want to suffer anymore. So I smiled and replied with much determination, nodding.

"Yes!"

That sounded cool in my head.

"Wait, we?"

I asked.

"Ah, I heard you met with Ugly Bastard-dono. You even helped him"

He said and sat on the couch.

"Ah yes, I did-"

Suddenly the door behind me opened and footsteps came rushing in.

"Ohohoho, this the kid we changin'?"

Said by a funny accent yet so girly.

I turned around to see unique people piling up. Two blonde haired looking delinquents. The middle aged guy that I helped and a kid?

Eh?

"Alright! Time to suffer and learn. Will you become a masterpiece? Or will you remain as trash?"