Chapter 10 - Note

Kickinchicken looked at the page once again and squealed. He wanted to tell this to everyone, but he knew he couldn't. Dogday would not want that, for sure.

But, again, he would love to help Dogday with his “small crush.“

Kickinchicken stood there for a while thinking about how he could help Dogday, then, an idea sparked up in his head. How about I tell them, once Catnap and Dogday…

Wait,

Catnap and Dogday.

Oh no! They've probably already gone to the beach!

I'll just figure it out on the way, then.

Kickinchicken ripped out a piece of paper from a notepad just beside Dogday's diary, (how convenient…) and grabbed a pen that was resting on the desk. He copied Dogday's diary entry, and, not much sooner, left the cabin.

Catnap and Dogday skipped to the beach as all the other critters waited for them to arrive, except Kickinchicken, who was just running his way back to them.

Bobby Bearhug caught them coming towards them and raised up her hands. She waved to them violently as she shouted out.

Catnap heard her cries and dragged Dogday with him to the other smiling critters. They greeted them as they dashed on the sand.
The sun was risen, the waves came and went, and the sand that they stomped on was more fine and white than last night.

Hoppy Hopscotch went to them when they arrived, her towel still wrapped around her whole body.

“You're finally here, you two!“ She exclaimed, “Hopefully you don't feel sleepy anymore.“

“Oh, don't worry. I feel as great as day!“ Dogday beamed, and Catnap admired him, again.

Catnap nodded and went to a chair close to Bobby Bearhug, “You don't mind if I sit here, do you?“ He meant.

“Oh! Do you want to sit here?“ Bobby Bearhug asked, and he nodded again.

“Sure, it's vacant for you.“

Catnap then sat on the chair under the shade of an umbrella. He watched Dogday as he started to play with their friends on the sand. They were making a huge sandcastle, and Craftycorn went to the ocean to gather water for the castle using a pail.

Bobby Bearhug noticed Catnap look at Dogday in a sweet way, “So, what's up with you now?“ She asked, with a smile visible on her face.

“Uh, nothing,” Catnap meant by shaking his head and looking the other way.

“Come on, I know you don't talk to anyone but him.“

“Him?“ He asked nervously, using his eyes.

“You know who I'm talking about!“ She gave a big grin, “Tell me, what is it?“

Catnap looked at Dogday again, and smiled. Bobby Bearhug sat up and looked at him. As she looked at Catnap, her suspicions begun to grow even more.

Their sandcastle was halfway done, and it actually looked decently good. Craftycorn splashed water at Dogday and he laughed as he dropped to the ground uncontrollably. He kicked his legs and coughed, then he wiped his face using his wet paws. Catnap giggled at this, covering his mouth.
Bobby Bearhug raised an eyebrow beside him, Oh, I know something is going on with them, she thought.

Kickinchicken sprinted to the beach, and he took breaths along the way. All the others slowly started to see him fade in their sight and run. He held his pocket (if he even has one) on the way, clutching it.