🩷🩷awkward stage....

Art I did ^

☆○CatNap○☆
The party ended, and everyone slowly left.
As the crowd dimmed down and there were about 19 people left in the house.
Most of the critters were talking on the couches and floors, hoppy and kickin' laying on the floor practically on top of each other, drunkenly passed out. (Ship)
The music at this point had already stopped, the led lights switched off, and the normal lights were turned on.
I glanced over at dogday, who was surrounded by Bobby and a few people I didn't recognize. What I did recognize was the fact that they were doing shots with the remaining liquor. I watched for a few minutes before realizing they were purposefully trying to get Bobby and dogday drunk, forcing and edging them to take shots over and over again.
Bobby stopped after a while and plopped down on the couch, dozing off. I got worried for dogday, as I knew he'd never been drunk before. Let alone black out drinking.

I only interfered when dogday started refusing shots, in turn making the people around him practically shove them down his throat.
I walked over to the group, ticked off, ushering them out and raising my voice a bit. I sighed as I slammed the door behind them, turning around to see dogday leaning on the counter with his head down, his tail tucked in between his legs.

" You okay, buddy?" I asked as I walked over to him, stopping in front of him, about 4 inches away.
I didn't get a response. He just softly shook his head. His face wasn't visible.

I convinced him to come to bed. As we walked across the living room, he trembled, almost falling and grabbing me for support. He's drunker than a bat.
I figured it wouldn't be the best to stay here, I knew he'd have the worst hangover, so I somewhat dragged him to the bench at the door way, sitting him down on it and getting on my knees in front of him to out his shoes on. I looked up and saw his face. His eyes were drowsy, and his head swayed slightly.
" wrr we goning? " He mumbled, slurring his words to the point he was barely coherent.
" I'm taking you to my house.." I smiled at him and stood up, sitting next to him to put my shoes on.
He leaned his head on my shoulder, and his tail wagged as I slipped my Jordan's on.
I stood up, pushing his head off of my softly. I opened the door and he held the wall as he stood up, drowsy walking out at the slowest walking pase I'd ever seen. I groaned. This will take a while. I parked down the street.
Without thinking I shut the door behind us and picked him up bridal style, I assumed it was around 2am, and I expected dogday to fight me or something like he usually would, but he held onto my shoulder as I carried him across the road, he mumbled something I couldn't makeout, the only word I recognized was " love" weird..
(🫢🫢🫢)
I struggled to search my pockets for my keys to unlock my car. When I finally did, I sag dogday down in the passenger seat, instinctively reaching over top of him for his seatbelt, clicking him in.

I started driving home, dogday fell asleep in the passenger seat next to me, his head leaning on the car window.
I caught myself glancing at him every now and then, smiling to myself, blushing slightly.
I pulled up in front of my house, parking my car in the garage, and almost instinctually, dogday woke up, undoing his seatbelt and stumbling out of the car. I stepped out after him, I saw his face and he started to look sick. I watched as he ran towards the bushes in front of my house and threw up in them. I felt myself audibly cringing. I'm gonna get blamed for that....

Dogday stumbled back over to me, looking way more alive and attentive.
I led him inside my house, and we walked to my room. Dogday sat on my bed with his head in his hands as I changed into more comfortable clothing. (Sweatpants and a t shirt)
" I feel like shit.." dogday mumbled. His speech still slurred.
" I know you do. Gotta stop letting people take advantage of you. Here, put this on."
I threw him a hoodie, and he slipped off his shirt and put it on.
He took his shoes off and laid down.
(Catnaps shoes are already off.)
He laid on his back, staring at the ceiling.

" You want anything before bed to make you feel better, drunky?" He turnt his head towards me and dumbly smiled.
" You," He giggled, tossing his arm towards me in a pointing manner, which half failed.
I smiled at him, my cheeks flushing a bit, seemingly unnoticeable.
I ruffled the fur on top of his head and headed downstairs to get him a glass of water.
I made my way back upstairs and saw dogday in the same position, dumbly smiling again when i entered the room.

I placed the cup on the nightstand and started making the typical bed on the ground for myself, but dogday caught my arm and held onto me.
" comme on. I wanna cuddle. " He groaned, rolling over, making room for me on the bed.
I felt nervous and a hint bit uncomfortable, but I figured that after tonight, boundaries weren't a thing anymore, and he definitely needed some sort of physical touch that wasn't sexual.
I crawled into bed next to him, and my blankets covered the both of us.

At first, we chatted a bit. His speech was still incoherent, and he mainly asked dumb questions. I told him to go to sleep . He then pulled me closer to him, his head resting in the nook of my neck.
He wrapped his arms around me and pressed the rest of his body against mine, his tail resting in between us..
Instinctively, I started purring, and I wrapped my arms around him and rested my chin on his head. I smiled to myself, closing my eyes.
I could feel his heartbeat against my chest. His heart was pounding.. so to soothe his nerves, I started making small circles on his back with my hands.

After a while, we fell asleep together.