Part 9

Jungkook was sitting on the couch, looking at his mother who was busy on the phone talking to someone about something. That something was... The preparations for the festival of Mahashivratri.

Mahashivratri is a pooja which is very important for his mother. She is a devotee of Lord Shiva & Maa Gauri. Each year she fasts from morning till night. During the day she visits the temple for pooja & yagya and at evening she organises a small feast for needy & poor children of her locality, along with friends & family.

Jungkook can see the excitement oozing out of her. This ia a festival that comes once a year & her mother completely devotes herself in it. And not only that, she also visits the temple at night to witness the Barati & auspicious marriage of Lord Shiva & Maa Gauri. Finally breaking her fast after the marriage is complete.

"Maa are you done?"

"Yes bunny I'm done."

Yeobin comes & sits beside Jungkook on the couch. "You were not in India for the past few years right? That's why I learned to manage everything on my own, & hobi & yoongi also helped me a lot. See I made a checklist... Read it out to me."

Jungkook took the list & started.

"Invite Min mama & mami(paternal uncle & aunty)."    

"Done. That's the first thing I do every year."

"Ask the neighbors to help with the feast."

"I'm gonna do that tomorrow as it's almost night time now."

"Call friends & colleagues."

"Did it just now."

"Buy all the ingredients necessary for the feast."

"Almost. I'm going to buy the other things on Friday itself because I always use fresh items. Next."

"Call the flower decorators."

"O right! I almost forgot. The decorator I was going to hire already accepted to work somewhere else. Now I will have to find another one." Yeobin was about to bite her finger nails in tension but jungkook was fast enough to swat her hand away.

"Don't bite your nails. It's unhygienic." He made a disgusted face.

"Bunny what should I do now?" She whined at her son. Jungkook was about to suggest something but Yeobin beat him to that.

"Yes I know. I'll call Tae-tae."

Jungkook's eyes shot at her. 'Why him.' Before he could question his mother, she already made the call. Phone in one hand she stood up & walked around the couch in circles. & for some reason Jungkook followed right behind her, trying to listen to their conversation.

"Hey Tae-tae. How are you baby."

"Baby? From when?" Jungkook mumbled in a mocking tone, making a weird face.

"Actually I called you to ask if you were available to deliver flowers & decorate my home for the upcoming Mahashivratri?..... What!... On no~ it's alright baby don't worry.... I'll contact someone else.. Bye."

Yeobin huffs from exhaustion.

"What did that... *ahem* he say?"

"He's already booked bunny. He isn't available."

"Huh.. How busy could he be that he can't come here. I'm telling you he's lying, he just have some serious attitude problem that's it. I know..he is a dramatic sh*t who does all that drama to seek others attention. A person like him..--"