Chapter 6

Third P.O.V.

Charlie had resigned from his spot as chief of police put his home up for sale and sold every bit of Bella's things since she wouldn't need them anymore. He and Dylan would be moving to Volterra to where they would be closer to the Volturi.

"Dad, are you sure you want to move from the only place you grew up in?" Dylan asks her father.

"To be honest. No, but all the memories are just me taking care of my parents and taking care of you. I want a better life for you, baby girl." Charlie answered holding his youngest close to him.

"I wish I had met grandma and grandpa." Dylan said softly.

"I wish you had too as well. They would have loved you." Charlie said with a smile.

"Can you tell me about them?" Dylan asks.

"Of course." Charlie said.

He starts telling stories about his parents and about forty minutes later Dylan falls asleep. He smiled down at her as Jane and Alec watched.

"You're a good father, Charlie." Jane spoke up causing the older man to look at her.

"Thank you." Charlie said. "I've heard about Caius, Aro and Marcus' past. What's yours?"

The twins looked shocked at the human.

"You want to hear our backstory?" Alec asks.

"Of course." Charlie said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Are you sure?" The twins asked together.

"Is it that bad?" Charlie asks concerned.

"Sorta." Jane said looking down as Alec held her hand.

"But we can tell him. Right Jane?" Alec asks.

"Yeah..." Jane agreed after a few minutes of silence.

"We were born in England around 800 AD To our parents that were an Anglo-Saxon woman and a Frankish soldier. Jane was born a few minutes before me. We both displayed strong psychic abilities that were evident even in our human state." Alec starts, looking at his twin.

"Aro was made aware of us through the thoughts of a visiting nomad. Aro had shown interest in adding us to the guard, but he decided to wait until we were old enough to turn us. At the time the Volturi had already instated its rules about immortal children. And left us in the care of our parents. Our talents had not taken a focus shape at that point, but bad things tended to happen to people who were unkind to us or our family, and good luck followed those who were friendly to us. Eventually, the superstitious locals found us too frightening to endure. We were accused as witches and condemned to be burned at the stake. Aro was apprised of the situation by a nomad who knew of Aro's interest in us. Aro hurried to our village, arriving just in time to interrupt our execution. We were transformed at the age of about fifteen we are the smallest and youngest vampires in appearance, as well as the most prized members of the guard due to our incredibly powerful gifts." Jane continued.

"Due to the pain Jane was experiencing while burning at the stake and the anger she felt towards the villagers, her gift took on a sharper form after her conversion into a vampire; she gained the supernatural talent of inflicting the same burning pain on others in the form of illusions. Eventually Jane became one of the most prized members of the Volturi's guards, along with me." Alec said.

"About a decade after we joined the coven, Alec and I displayed our powers for the first time in battle and annihilated the Romanian coven's army of over one hundred recruits. Since then, we have been known world-wide as the two most powerful vampires that ever existed and considered the cornerstone of the Volturi's offensive abilities. My power is so frightening that people think I enjoy inflicting it on others. Sometimes I do and others I don't." Jane ended.

Charlie stared at them.

"Who knows about your past?" Charlie asks.

"Just the Volturi and now you well Dylan as well because she woke up a few minutes into our storytelling." Alec answered staring at his mate with adoration.

Charlie looked at his daughter who was awake and staring between the twins.

"Good nap?" Charlie asks.

"I'm still so tired." Dylan mumbled.

"There's a couple bedrooms back that way." Jane said as Alec stood up.

He picks Dylan up and takes her to one of the rooms and lays her on the bed. He kissed her forehead and was about to leave but Dylan grabbed his arm.

"Stay, please." Dylan said looking up at him. "Just until I fall asleep." 

Alec nods before planting himself next to his young mate and she curls up to him. Jane heard the entire interaction and relayed the message to Charlie who nodded.