11

I grunt and let my head fall against the table with a loud bang.
"Wow, you okay?" Emily asks me slightely amused as she dries the dishes.
"No, my computer isn't working again and I need to submit the paper tomorrow" I say and lean back. I cross my arms over my chest and stare at the shitty thing I'd call my laptop if it'd be able to finally work. I've been having problems with it non-stop and it finally gave up, I think.
"Let me see" she says walking over. I turn it towards her and she takes a look at it. "This really is one piece of crap" she states, making me chuckle.
"Right? But my whole work is on it" I state.
"What is your work about anyway?" she asks me.
"The tribe stories" I state, her looking at me and cocking an eyebrow. "Well, it's focused on the one with the wife and I compared it to other stories and modern feminism" I state and she smiles at me.
"I love that idea" she says, making me smile too.
"Thanks. Took me a lot of time" I state and she chuckles before smiling triumphically and turning it back around. "You are a lifesaver, Emily" I say. She winks at me before I put my headphones back on. I pull my legs up to my chest and start typing the few last words. This is going to be a long night with correcting it and making sure everything's as it should be. After that, I'm almost done with my senior year. Well, I actually are because I only have a few classes each day.
I bite my thumb anxiously as I read the paper for the thousandths time. I need this to work because my grades have already dropped and if this isn't the best paper I've ever written, I'm not even sure if they'll let me take my finals in four months. 

I get thrown out of my trance when someone puts a hand on my shoulder. I don't look back, instead only taking off my headphones.
"You should've went home an hour ago" I hear Sam state but I don't react, instead I keep reading the paper.
"Really?" I ask him and he sighs.
"Alia, this is important" he says, making me look at him. "You know you're not allowed to see eachother yet" 
I scoff. "It's been a month, Sam. I imprinted on Paul after two weeks. You can't be serious anymore"
He has a serious look on his face, not backing down either.
"Sam, let the girl see Paul" Emily says, Sam looking at her. His eyes grow sad. They always do when he sees her face, but only for a break of a second before he admires her again. He's been feeling imense guilt for what happened. We all do. "They're ready" 
"Paul, Jared" Sam says, making my face drop. I'm anxious and start getting hot. I hear them walk inside, Jared sitting down right next to me. 
"You ready?" he asks Paul with a grin as I swallow hard, staring at the boy I now call one of my best friends.
"Yes" Paul says.
"You sure?" I ask him, turning my head and looking at his body. His abs are doing things to me I'd rather not think about right now and definitely not later on patrol with Jared but I'm just a girl after all.
He walks over to me, stopping right infront of me. I press my lips together tightly before looking at Emily. She nods at me encouragingly and Sam smiles. 
I bite my lip as I slowly lift my eyes, staring at the boy I care most about. His eyes immediately drift off in mine, his lips parting and his face growing soft. I hold his gaze, wondering what he's seeing. Maybe he's seeing the same thing I did when I imprinted? I guess I'll know on our first patrol together. 
I narrow my eyes confusedly as he hasn't stopped after a minute. I look at Sam, who looks just as confused as I am. 
"Is he okay?" Jared asks just as Paul snaps out of it. Paul blinks a few times and snaps his mouth shut. Jared chuckles and pats him on the shoulder.
"Welcome to the world of imprints" he says grinning, Paul looking at me with a stunned face.
"Wow" Paul breathes out, his eyes locking with mine. A slight blush creeps it's way onto my face, making me look down a little embarassed.
"I think I've never seen Alia blush" Jared says amusedly, making me glare at him before I look at Paul who is still looking at me.
"Could you maybe sit down? You're starting to make me a little uncomfortable" I state and he nods, definitely still a little off from what just happened as he sits down next to me.
"What are you doing?" Jared asks me, grabbing the laptop from me.
"My final paper" I state and he looks at me confusedly.
"Is it already time for that?" he asks and I shake my head.
"Kim has talked about it to you for sure" I state and he looks at me confusedly.
"No, she hasn't" he states, making me narrow my eyes.
"What?" I ask him as we both stare at eachother. "She's writing about native people and how we're seen to other cultures" I state. He looks at me sadly.
"Why didn't she tell me?" he asks me, making me frown.
"She probably just forgot or didn't want to talk about it. I haven't talked to anyone about it either. Maybe she just wanted to enjoy the time you two spend together and not talk about it all the time" I state and he slowly nods.
"But she didn't even metion it" he says sadly. I get up and walk around him, putting my arms around him from behind.
"Don't worry. It's fine" I say, him leaning his head against me for a second before I let go and walk over to the kitchen. I glance back at Paul once, who seems captivated by my presence. He's following every step of mine with hungry eyes, making me blush again.
"You're blushing" Emily states and I hear Jared laughing.
I groan. "I can't help it if he's watching me like that" I state, looking over at Paul again who's now looking down at his hands.