5. "LOST CONNECTIONS"

بسم اللّٰہ الرحمٰن الرحیم
--------
Allah says in Qur'an:

"Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear..."

Surah Al-Baqarah (2:286)

________________________

AT THE UNIVERSITY:

FAHAD'S POV:

"Aaliya, bas karo! Chalo. Kuch nahi hua, tumhen ulta unki files niche gir gayin hain. Now leave it. Let's go," I looked at the owner of the voice.

She was standing behind the girl, I bumped into.She was covered from head to toe except for her eyes, her deep black eyes... which she kept lowered and didn't look at me even once, not even by mistake. I tried to catch her gaze, but she avoided mine. Her eyes... I felt like I had seen them somewhere before. I shrugged off the thought, apologized to them, and left from there.

Afterward, I proceeded to the principal's office. Without knocking, I entered. The principal stood from his chair and greeted me.

"Welcome, Mr. Shah!" He exclaimed.

AUTHOR POV:

Fahad's father is the trustee of the university, and most of the university's funds are provided by 'SHAH ENTERPRISES,' Fahad's father's company. This is why the principal shows respect.

As Mr. Rehman greeted him, Fahad acknowledged with a nod. Then he spoke:

"Sir, these are the assignments of our class."

"Okay, Mr. Shah," Mr. Rehman responded politely.

"Hmm..." Fahad replied coldly before leaving.

As the class monitor, Fahad was responsible for submitting the assignments of the whole class to the principal. Exiting through the main gate of the university, he headed towards his parked bike, rode off, and left. He didn't have any more classes to attend that day.
________________________

ON THE ROAD:

FAHAD'S POV:

I was driving towards my home when my phone started buzzing. I parked my bike on the side of the road and glanced at the caller ID-it was Abubakar. I picked up the call and asked, "Hello, Abubakar, kya hua? Kyun call ki?" I bombarded him with questions.

("Abubakar, what's up? Why the call?)

"Hello. Kuch nahi, bas iss liye call kiya ke hamare base par aajao," he answered.

("Hey. Nothing much, just wanted you to swing by our base,")

I pondered for a moment before responding, "Hmm... Coming." I said coldly and ended the call.

I drove towards a residential society and parked in front of a house. "Fahad Shah" was written on the nameplate hanging on the wall. And walked into the house.
________________________

IN THAT HOUSE:

AUTHOR'S POV:

He entered the house and was met with the sight of two of his friends, along with Abubakar, in a drunken state. He moved forward to them and said to Abubakar:

"Are you also drunk?" He said in a surprised tone.

Abubakar responded frustratedly, "Tumhara dimaag kharab toh nahi ho gaya! I don't even touch alcohol. It's Haram, and if my parents found out that I even touched the bottle of alcohol, they will burn me alive. You know what! Ye sab tumhari galti hai, aik toh aise dost rakhe hue hain, upar se in ko mera number de diya tumne. Call kar kar ke mera dimaag kharab kar Diya tha inhone ne. Agar ye tumhare dost na hote na toh main yahan kabhi na aata. Astagfirulla! Kya haal kar diya hai iss jagah Ka, aisa lag raha hai ke sharabiyon ke adde mai aagaya hoon."