Part 3: What are you hiding?

Third Person POV

"I don't know." Natasha says while dodging Clint's swing. "I don't think she's lying, but she's hiding something." Natasha tells Clint before swinging her leg, knocking him to the ground.

"She seems nice." Clint replies, taking Natasha's offered hand.

"I didn't say she wasn't. It's just that something felt weird about the way she answered things yesterday." Natasha counters, throwing Clint a water bottle.

Back in the common room, Tony, Bruce, Steve, and Thor are telling Y/N their backstories. With Wanda over in the kitchen. "So, you really got to kill some Nazis? That's awesome." Y/N says to Steve as the front door opens.

"Hey guys sorry I'm late, school was... Who's this?"

"Peter, this is Y/N. She may be the newest Avenger." Tony informs him, seeming to like what he has heard so far.

"H-Hi. I'm Peter Parker, Spiderman. Oh, wait! Am I not supposed to tell you that?" Peter rambles as he approaches Y/N.

"Kid, it's cool." Steve laughs.

"Cool." Is all Peter says while standing in front of Y/N. Timely, Clint and Natasha emerge from the training room.

"Training room is free if you want to see what Y/N's got." Clint speaks up while taking a seat next to Wanda at the kitchen Island.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road." Tony says clapping his hands together in excitement. They all approach the training room, Tony walking backwards while speaking. "Show us what you've got." He says as everyone enters the room. Y/N starts by showing her simple telekinetic powers: Lifting things, moving things, breaking things with the flick of her wrist. While she is demonstrating making a boxing bag float, Tony decides to throw a small five-pound weight straight at her head. Wanda Gasps and Peter looks worried until Y/N spins around and catches it in one hand, while the other is still lifting the boxing bag. "Reflexes, check." Tony says receiving a slight glare from Y/N.

"How good are you at hand to hand?" Natasha interrupts sensing the mood change. Y/N only shrugs as Steve steps forward. "Shall we?" he asks as he squares up, Y/N doing the same. Y/N studies his stance before making the first move. Stepping forward, throwing a fake to gauge his reaction time. Y/N steps back and allows Steve to make his first move. Steve throws a jab and right cross, which Y/N easily dodges.

Y/N steps back and cocks her head, "Are we going to fight or are you going to flail your arms at me?" Steve looks a little taken back at Y/N's tone but shrugs before squaring up once again, with a serious look this time. The fight continues with both parties getting in a decent amount of hits. Y/N gets a hard hit in with a jab followed by a cross and finishing with a round kick right to the side of Steve's head. He gets knocked sideways, staying on the ground for a split second before regaining his balance. Y/N pants, breathing heavily as Steve stands back up looking shocked at Y/N's skills.

"Alright, you got skill." Tony speaks up as he stands between Rodgers and Y/N. Tony looks at the damage done to both fighters. Steve has a bloody nose, and the start of a small bruise on his cheek, as well as a small cut on his lip. Y/N has a bloody lip, an already-forming black eye, and a split eyebrow. "You two go get cleaned up and we'll all gather in the common room in around an hour." He says before leaving. The rest of the party continued to stare before leaving one by one. The last to remain in the training room was Wanda and Y/N.

"Y/N," Wanda starts but is stopped by Y/N shaking her head.

"I just need to be alone for a minute to calm down." She says before taking a seat on the bench. Wanda nods her head before exiting the room. Y/N takes a few minutes to calm her breathing before walking to her room to clean up. Expecting to be alone, she is surprised to see Wanda sitting on her bed. Before she could say anything, Wanda stands.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Y/N nods before closing the door behind her. "I'm fine, I've dealt with worse." She says walking to her bathroom to grab a washcloth. She wets it in the sink before turning to see Wanda standing at her side. No words were exchanged, instead, Wanda slowly takes the washcloth from Y/N's hand. They look into each other's eyes until Y/N slightly nods, allowing Wanda to wipe away the now-dried blood from her face.

"Thank you, Wanda." Y/N says with a smile of appreciation. Wanda nods before suggesting that they join the others.

"Y/N, there you are. You really put Cap in his place, didn't you?" Thor says laughing at Steve's discolored cheek.

"Oh, she was awesome! Did you see the way she knocked Steve down?" Peter adds with a huge smile.

"Alright, Alright." Steve stands, "I won't lie, you surprised me with your skill level. You are really good Y/N."

Y/N laughs with a smirk, "You're not so bad yourself Captain." Laughter can be heard throughout the common room as everyone sits on the couch awaiting Tony.