𝟏𝟕

ELSIE

ELSIE

"Is this good?" I asked after letting out a sigh in frustration. I just couldn't get my hair to stick to one place. I have straightened it today but I couldn't keep it to stay down properly as I wanted it.

"Elsie stop worrying about the hair. It looks perfect." Aspen's voice echoed through the speaker of my phone while she was eating chicken noodles and making me hungry as well. Fenix said that we'll have dinner at the party and I just hope the food will be delicious.

Fenix was out with Ian. They went to buy him a toy he saw on internet. Then before we go to the party, we'll drop him off to Bridget's house.

Them being out, gave me at least time to get ready.

The dress I was going to wear today was from Bridget's collection from two thousand and four. She recommended me to wear it after she saw how it looked on me.

It was red and body con. It had many crystal details making out different flower and leaves shapes.

I didn't even know if it was going to be appropriate for the event but she reassured me that it was.

"How are you going to do your makeup?" She asked and brought the phone closer to her face.

"I don't know. Simple. Don't wanna look too glamorous." I said after shrugging my shoulders. The dress was already sparkling and I didn't want my face to be like that as well.

Aspen nodded and continued to eat while I sat on the vanity chair and dug into of the drawers that had my makeup.

My mind wandered over to Sally yet again. She gave me her phone number and I called her yesterday. It has been couple of days since we saw each other.

I invited her to Ian's party but she said that she didn't want to meet him like that in front of many people after so long, which made sense.

She'll see him at the right time.

Aspen talked about work while I started painting my face. I was fairly good at doing it. Since young I loved doing different makeup looks and spent my free time watching tutorials online.

It was therapeutic and relaxing.

For the eyes, I did a simple eyeliner and a light beige eyeshadow. I applied a bit more blush and coloured my lips in a shade that was close to my natural one.

On Aspen's request, I applied some fake, natural-looking lashes. They did made my eyes look better.

"If Fenix doesn't lose his mind when he sees you, I will because of you two. You still haven't kissed that man. Shame. Such a shame." She tusked and shook her head. I chuckled and finished up with the makeup.