𝟐𝟕

ELSIE

Two hands wrapped around my shoulders and pulled me into a tight hug.

I circled my hands around her as well and smiled.

Alannah, Fenix's sister, immediately jumped to hug both him and I as soon as we arrived at their parents house.

"It's so nice to meet you, Elsie." She exclaimed and pulled away slightly and then hugged me again for the second time.

I was afraid that she might not like me because from what Bridget told me, she was very protective of her brother.

"Nice to meet you as well." I said back and looked up at Fenix who was grinning at us.

When we completely pulled away, my gaze flew to the man beside her. It must be her husband. He had a dark hair that was longer on top. A small diamond earring shone on his left ear and he was dressed just like Fenix, with a suit.

One of his hands circled around Alannah waist while his free one extended to greet me.

"David." He said, his eyes radiating nothing but kindness.

"Elsie. I'm happy to finally meet you." I spoke to both of them. Alannah was dressed in a pink summer dress that reached down below her knees and had puffy long sleeves.

Her brown hair was down, it had lighter strands which we probably caused by the sun. Fenix did say she lived in a town by the beach in Spain.

Alannah then proceeded to hug Ian as well.

"And you must be Ian. Fenix always talks about you whenever I call." Ian's eyes sparkled with joy and happiness when he heard that Fenix mentioned him to his sister.

"Let's go by the table. I'm sure you're hungry." Bridget said and we nodded. Fenix took my hand and we walked over to the dining room behind everyone else.

We sat by the table and Fenix pulled my chair close to him. His hand went over the top of my chair and his fingers grazed my shoulder. I had a purple pencil skirt that reached mid thigh and a yellow top that had short sleeves and had small line of diamonds on the neckline.

My hair was straightened and pushed back with a hair clip. I had pink heels that Ian actually liked. He said that they look good on me. Of course I had to wear them.

Alannah seemed on the edge by happiness when she turned her head to her husband who smiled at her.

"Should I tell them now?" She mouthed and grinned with so much joy. David shrugged his shoulders.

When we were all settled, Alannah turned to us.

"I have something to tell you. I was going to wait after the dinner but I'm too excited."

We all turned our attention to her and her husband.

When her hand flew to her stomach, I immediately knew what she was going to say.

"I'm pregnant!" She exclaimed and clasped her hands together as her eyes filled with tears. Bridget's lips parted and she placed her hand over her mouth in surprise while Cillian stood and went to hug his daughter.

Fenix was the next one to congratulate them after his parents and then so did I.

Alannah was now crying while David held her close to him.

Fenix looked happier than ever finding out that he was going to be an uncle.

When we sat back down, everyone was in a better mood than few minutes earlier.