Chapter 11

Sorry for the mistakes. Happy reading!
______
Jungkook looks at the rear view mirror and finds out Jae is enjoying her beauty sleep with her sleep mask on. He stops the car aside on the road. A bungeoppang shop is visible nearby.

“Come outside, Taehyung. Have a small walk. We have to drive for two hours more.”

“No, I’m okay here.”

“I am walking here. You come down and buy some bungeoppang for her.” Jungkook says pointing at Jae. Taehyung lets out a sigh and gets down. Both cross the road to reach the shop.

“You did it right?”

“Did what?”

“You know what.” Taehyung looks at Jungkook and their eyes meet. Taehyung looks away first.

“You should walk and stop following.”

“I am walking though.” Jungkook stands silently beside Taehyung while he is busy buying food. “Thank you, Taehyung.”

“No need to, your family took care of me a lot. It’s my duty to do some and the food was extra so I took it out for you..”

Taehyung tries to explain while crossing the road and a car stops exactly in front of him. For a fraction of a second Jungkook froze in his place and then he ran towards Taehyung. He is standing there with the food clenching in his hands. Jungkook asks for an apology to the car driver as they were not at fault and drags Taehyung to their car side.

“You are okay, right? Are you hurt?”

“My mom died in a car accident.”

Jungkook doesn't know what to say, how to say. He stands there silently for a minute. He slowly goes near Taehyung, takes the food packet and keeps it in the car. Taehyung is still standing there head hanging down; Jungkook lifts his chin up and he looks up, eyes watery, chin trembling. Jungkook takes his head in his crook and lets the other rest for a while. He can feel Taehyung’s body shaking. Without resisting himself, Jungkook hugs Taehyung tightly.

I want to hug you until each and every part of your body urges for release.

“I-I can’t hold it a-anymore. I’m sorry”

“It’s okay, just breathe. I’ve got you, okay? You have me. I’m here, Tae.”

Jungkook rubs his back, strokes his hair and adds, “Taehyung, you are burning up. Let’s get the car. It’s cold outside.”

Taehyung still hugs him tightly and Jungkook isn’t even resisting. After some minutes or more, Taehyung breaks the hug, but he seems red. His reddish cheeks, his sweet scent, swollen eye bags, fluffy nose and plumpy lips make him more adorable.

Jungkook cups his cheek and says, “Let me see. You’re feverish. Get inside.”

Taehyung gets in the passenger seat. Jungkook goes to the back of the car and takes out his long coat and tucks Taehyung well who is just sitting silently. Jungkook goes to the back seat and checks up on Jae. She is still dead asleep with her headphones on.

That’s a relief. She could have misunderstood.

Jungkook gets in the driving seat and looks at Taehyung for once. He is looking out the window but his body lazily wraps inside the long coat. All his strength drained out during his breakdown. Jungkook tied their seatbelts, looked away and started driving.
______
After another long two and a half hour, the car finally crosses the entrance gateway of Pohang. The sun dozed off a long time ago. Jae is talking on the phone with Jhope about tomorrow’s presentation but Taehyung is still facing the other side and squirming from time to time. Jungkook is not sure if he’s asleep or awake, if he’s having a fever or anything as Jae is awake. She shouldn’t know anything about Tae’s breakdown, he will feel uncomfortable.

Reaching the mentioned hotel, Jae gets down and enters for the paperwork and tells Jungkook to come inside with the trolleys.

Jungkook gets out of the car and calls Mrs. Jeon, “Mom, we reached here safely. We have checked in too. You two sleep peacefully. Have a good night.”

He takes out the luggages and approaches toward the passenger seat and slowly opens the door.

What if he is asleep supporting the door?
But after the door opens, Taehyung looks at Jungkook.

“Are you having a fever, Taehyung?”

“Maybe? I want to sleep after I take my medicine. Can I go inside? It’s cold here.”

“Sure.” Jungkook leans closer, unbuckles the seatbelt and looks at Taehyung, “I told you it’s cold outside, get in the car.  I knew this would happen.”

“I am sorry, I am sick on the trip. But don’t mind, I’ve had worse.”

Jungkook lets out a sigh and adds, “Give me your hand and get down.”

“Do you really think of me as a kid? I can walk on my own.” Taehyung tries to get down on his own and wobbly trips over.

Jungkook catches himself and says, “I know you can, but let me help.”

With Jungkook’s help, Taehyung goes inside the reception area and the trolleys are all placed inside by the staff.

“Hyung, there are only two rooms. All the rooms are preoccupied.”

“But ours were booked right?”

“My dumbass boss booked one room for you and Tae.” Jae looks at Jungkook for his reaction, “We should look in another hotel right?”

“No need, Jae. We will manage for tonight and he’s feeling unwell too.” Jungkook says pointing at Tae.

“Let me ask him once.” Jungkook nods and Jae approaches Taehyung.

After some minutes, Jae comes toward Jungkook, “Hyung, get ready to sleep on the couch.”

Jae starts laughing seeing Jungkook’s expression.
______
Jungkook left the room to Taehyung and went downstairs to roam around. He basically gave some space to Taehyung so that he can freshen up and get some rest too.

The beach is nearby; a salty fresh sea air is blowing everywhere. Jungkook sits on a roadside bench and starts thinking about today’s incident.

He almost got hit by the car. He’s a grown man but still can’t take good care of himself. Maybe I was at fault too. I should not bring up the matter then. He felt uncomfortable. But I was so scared; it felt like someone wrecked my heart into pieces. What the hell is that feeling?

Jungkook gets up and goes to the nearby restaurant to buy some takeouts as it’s already late. Reaching the hotel, he knocks at Jae’s door at first and gives the food. They bid goodbye to each other and Jungkook reaches his room. Before he could knock the door seemed open. Jungkook peeps inside and the scene in front of his eyes is unbelievable. The trolleys are opened wide and the clothes are scattered all around the floor and bed. Taehyung is struggling to find something.

“Taehyung, what’s wrong?”

“Jungkook, where is my medicine box?”

“Isn’t it in your bag?”

Taehyung shakes his head, “I thought you packed it.”

“You didn’t ask me to. What do you need? I can go and buy some.”

“I can’t tell you. Leave this room and lock me from outside. Can you please do that?”

“What are you saying?” Jungkook slowly approaches Taehyung but stops suddenly as  he sniffs the smell, “Your smell just changed, why?”

“Jungkook please leave and don’t tell Jae anything.”

“Taehyung, I am not leaving until you tell me.”

Jungkook comes closer, holds Taehyung’s hand and makes the other look at him.

“Your e-eyes, they are g-glowing b-blue?” Jungkook leaves his hand, “Taehyung, what are you?”

______

I hope you liked it.

Thank you for reading.

Have a good day and a peaceful night.

~K