Chapter 19

Sorry for the mistakes. Happy reading!
______
Taehyung was almost in the car, when Jungkook arrived in the parking area. Jungkook gets on the driving seat beside Taehyung. Taehyung is looking outside. Jungkook starts driving in the exact opposite direction of home.

“Where are we going?”

“Nearby.”

“What about Jae?”

“She didn’t call. It was just suffocating.”

Taehyung understands everything but he has to keep everything a secret. Otherwise everything will be a mess. It has to be hidden from Jungkook. I can’t tell him, not now at least.

The car stops in front of a pharmacy. Jungkook gets down and brings some ointment along with an ice bag. Taehyung gets down and stands leaning on the car.

“Wash your mouth with water.”

After washing Taehyung’s face, Jungkook slowly applies the ice bag on the cut. Taehyung flinches at the sudden chill on his lips.

“It’s okay. It will be fine soon. Does it still hurt?”

Taehyung looks at Jungkook with blank glittery eyes. Jungkook looks at him and finds his eyes are already on him. Taehyung looks away and takes a step back, but his back collides with the car.

“You can’t step back, there’s no space. Come here.”

“Give me. I can do this much.” Taehyung takes the ice bag and presses it on the cut.

“Taehyung, tell me the truth. You can’t just trip over.”

“I did.”

“You are wearing sneakers!”

Taehyung looks at his own shoes and surprisingly looks at Jungkook, “Maybe it was dark and I tripped over. You are worrying too much.”

Taehyung gets in the car and takes the ointment to apply it on the cut.

Jungkook gets in the car but doesn’t drive.

Taehyung looks at him and waits for a while, “Let’s go.”

“Why are you marrying him?”

“W-why? Shouldn’t I?”

“I just feel something wrong about it.”

“Maybe you are over thinking, Jungkook.”

“But why him?”

Taehyung doesn’t let him finish and says with stern voice, “Because he is kind and I like him. From the day we met, it just felt right with him.”

“It felt right?”

Taehyung nods and tries to look happy.

“Then why does it seem wrong to me?”

“Because you care so much.” Taehyung looks at him and chuckles, “Why out of all the people you care for me?”

“I just do.”

“Why?”

Jungkook looks at Taehyung with intense eyes, “Because no one else does.”

Because, with you everything feels right. It feels like you are the only one I genuinely care for.

Jungkook shrugs off the feelings and starts the car. Taehyung looks out the car and sheds some tears.

I know you do; only you care for me. No one else does. Please stop doing all these for me; I am going to have a bad habit of you. Leave me before it starts feeling right for me. I can’t feel safe without you. So you have to leave me. Otherwise, I will be stuck here with the concept of belongingness forever.