'Chapter 1 - Part 6' Revelations on the Mountaintop

As they prepared to leave their hiding place, the sound of voices and running footsteps echoed from nearby. Adrian and Elara acted swiftly, carefully concealing Marianne behind a tufted bush before lying beside her, striving to remain silent and unnoticed. Fortunately, the intruders failed to spot the narrow passage leading to the cave, and soon departed, their footsteps faded into the distance as they ran towards a safer opening.

With the immediate threat averted, Adrian and Elara continued their journey to the location indicated on the map Alexander had given them. From this point onward, their progress depended primarily on their physical abilities. The shelter lay in a precarious position on the second-highest peak of Mount Olympus, the most treacherous of all. Despite the challenges ahead, they pressed on, determined to reach their destination and unravel the mysteries that awaited them there.

As the sounds of a massive aircraft landing reverberated across the flat meadow halfway up the mountain, Seraphiel stood on a higher vantage point, his expression one of frustration and disbelief. The device he had been eagerly awaiting was finally there, but the objects of interest he had hoped to find were conspicuously absent. His anticipation turned to disappointment, and he couldn't help but feel like a clown amidst the unfolding scenario.

Meanwhile, Alexander stood at an altitude of 2000 feet on an opposite peak, observing Seraphiel and his team from afar. The view stretched out before him, a breathtaking panorama of rugged terrain and pristine wilderness. For a fleeting moment, he allowed himself to imagine what it would be like to have a god-like presence, to rule over humanity with extraordinary powers, and to call this majestic mountain home. 

Lost in his reverie, Alexander savored the tranquility of the moment, relishing the unparalleled beauty and purity of the air when his contemplation was interrupted by a sudden voice, 

"You don't need to possess godlike power to appreciate this scenery or make a home in these mountains," it said gently, as if imparting ancient wisdom. "All it takes is resilience and a genuine fondness for this way of life. Do you like this kind of leaving?"

Alexander considered the question, his gaze sweeping over the majestic landscape spread out before him. The allure of the wilderness, the purity of the air, and the sense of freedom that came with living amidst such natural splendor stirred something within him.

"It's a different kind of life, but one that holds its own appeal," Alexander replied, "There's a simplicity to it, a connection to nature and the elements that you can't find anywhere else. It's challenging, yes, but also deeply rewarding."

He paused, reflecting on the journey that had brought him to this moment, and the path that lay ahead. "I suppose, in the end, it comes down to what you value most in life. And for some, this way of life is worth more than any riches or power."

"You are undivided, resolute, and kind-hearted, Alexander," the voice spoke with a calm and tender tone. "There is no 'me' choosing 'you.' I didn't choose you, but I had to inform you about the reasons and the options that existed so you could make a choice."

As Alexander absorbed the words, a sense of acceptance settled over him and he listened intently as the voice continued. "Don't worry, your brother and your wife will lead long lives. I know there are many conflicting thoughts and questions in your mind. You can ask me anything you want. We have time."

As the voice finished its sentence, a peculiar figure materialized on the peak beside Alexander. Standing nearly two meters tall with a grey-white body, the figure exuded an air of strength and wisdom. Though his appearance suggested vitality, his movements and speech betrayed a sense of age beyond measure.