PROLOGUE

A magnificent mansion in middle of a village surrounded by trees and flowers.

Sound of women singing can be hear from afar, yet her payal's sound stood out the most as runs out checking the preparations of the meal at their lawn.

She laughed at the silly jokes made by the other woman as she taste the sabzi they made, the aroma... Just as he likes.

She gave them a thumbs up, everything they all do the same thing, but it brings the happiness... Just as her name.

Finally she is free and happy with any mishaps in her life, "Khushi bibiji, Hukum has reached the main gate." The butler informed her.

A pearly smile appeared on her face when she heard, "Ji." She saw the maid handing her the pooja thali and rushed out while others giggled at her eagerness.

Main door of Sapphire Mansion,

There stood a man in gray suit  waiting for her, it's been almost a year since he took her in under his wings, making her the princess of his.

He has gained too much in his life. What he has is power and wealth that countless people may struggle for several lifetimes. But nothing else matters but her..

For years he kept his heart cold and unmoved, then she..

Ever since she came into his life, he felt the warmth that he longs for so long. At first this place was a building made of brick and cement but she made it home..

He raised his head and revealed a warm and elegant face, there was a light smile on his lips.

"Welcome back, Mr Rathore." She said with warn smile, did her aarthi before leaving him. He took a bundle of money and placed it on the thali, Khushi gave it maidservant eyed her to leave.

She lead him inside, they settled down in living.

Handed his favourite coffee, he thanked the servant girl, Khushi asked. "How was your business trip?"

He chuckled, "Boring but durable. I got the deal." Khushi giggled, then stopped for a moment when he took out a file and hand it to her.

"THIS IS.." Legal papers.. Her eyes widen at sight of words printed on the legal papers.

"As I said before, I want you.." Rathore seems to be adamant on his decision.

His was cut short by her, "Then you have to agree to my condition." She is very adamant on her decision.

___________

The very next day itself.

(Shantivan)

Prakash brothers are indeed very busy today as very important guest will be arriving soon.

Arnav and Akash stood unbothered, everything is happening on Anjali and Mamiji's whim, Naniji is only hoping the best her grandchildren.

Mamaji joined the with solemn face, so does payal.. After Khushi left this mansion, and soon Payal and Akash worked together and proved to the family about Shyam's dirty face.

However unlike Akash, Payal has a hunch that Shyam's true nature and Khushi Arnav separation have a link somehow..

"What kind of drama are they doing now?" Payal muttered to Akash.

"Payal, Di getting married again.." Akash whisper to his wife.

Payal made face when she hears that, "She just got divorce and also lost her child a year ago." It's been a year since Khushi left also.

She left just like that without a single word of farewell

She left just like that without a single word of farewell.. What happened between Arnav and Khushi is only known to ASR only.

Manorama notice them whispering and snickers, "My bitiya is getting marry to her childhood sweetheart."

Akash frown in he couldn't remember whom she is referring to while Arnav's face darken, that man? Again?

The they hear a car honking sound, Mamiji's face brighten up, "Groom's family has arrived."

"Who is she talking about Bhai?" Akash asked Arnav.

Arnav walks out with horrible memories surrounding of his past his mind..
____________

He went straight to meet his sister, is she out of her mind? That man's chapter is over in her life, she is considering to marry him again.

"Di, are you seriously doing this?"

"Chote, whatever his family did had nothing to do with him, you also know that

"Chote, whatever his family did had nothing to do with him, you also know that. He is no longer in control of his family. He is the family's head now, he loved me Chote.. The destiny is bringing us together again." Anjali explained to her brother.

Arnav feels absurd," That guy, if he really loved you. He would have married you anyway. You waited for years then took a wrong decision and married that Shyam. Now you're making a big mistake again."

"No chote, I thought I saw him in Shyam. I lied to myself all those years I lived with Shyam but no.. But he is different. I know him since childhood, we grow up together. He is very gentle person and he never minded my handicap. He was genuine to me.. That way when his family brought up the alliance to Papa and mumma, I agreed with no hesitation." She said clearly.

Arnav rolled his eyes," Whatever. But don't come crying to me if you get hurt again Di. I did a big mistake to save your happiness, I sacrificed mine for nothing, but no more this time. "

Anjali understand immediately what he is referring to, Khushi Kumari Gupta.. His contractual wife whom he married for six months, when the contract ended she left silently, leaving him regretting his decision.

Scum, that what he consider himself as. No matter how hard he search for, he could not find her, as if she have disappeared from this earth itself.

Anjali smiles, "Don't worry, this time. I will not burden you by staying here. After marriage I will move into his home."

She also added, "Mumma and his Mumma are best friend, they promise each other that their future generations will combine in name of marriage. Their promise will finally come true."

Arnav feels goosebumps all of a sudden hearing, but could not understand why...

____________

Arnav went downstairs with Anjali, he helped her climbing down the stairs, as they reach the floor, he noticed unnatural faces of his family, only person who was missing is Payal, ofcourse somehow she is avoiding anything that relates to him and Anjali at all cost, his gaze froze over a very familiar face.

Everything about looks the same still different, she looks more fierce than before.

She is acting like this is the first she is ever seeing them.

Groom on the other hand was no one but the famous Raghavendra Pratap Rathore himself.

"She is Khushi Rathore, My adopted daughter."

Arnav feels as if a thunder struck his back, his ex is going to be his freaking niece?! There's no way he is going let this marriage happen, only over his dead body!

To be Continued..

Character age details..

Arnav-27
Khushi-20
Anjali-38
Raghu-39

Let me know what you think of this story😊😊