vii.

The Cullens left Forks, Washington that September night and time carried on without them. October passed, then November and soon all the months just kept going as Emma grieved the life she left in the small rainy town of Fork, Washington. Bella would email Alice for the first few months, but Alice felt guilty as she read them and soon blocked Bella, hoping it would allow her to grieve and move on. The Quileute boys had called Emma, hoping to still keep in touch, but much like every other time the Cullens disappeared, Emma had to leave the messages unanswered. After a while the messages from Embry stopped, followed by Jacob, but never Quil. Emma listened to Quil's updates on their lives until she received the message that made her heart drop in her chest. 

The eager and energetic boy's voice cracked, and she could hear the frustration in is voice as he shared with Emma that the other two boys began shutting him out. It was then that Emma knew the two had phased, she knew the story from the three all too well. She assumed that her family's relocation would lower the shifting rate of the wolves, but she must have assumed wrong. Maybe it was a good thing Emma left the boys when she did, all they had was good memories and hopefully it would stay that way. Emma thought back to the last day with the Quileute's. She smiled at the memory of their last soccer game, her smile widening when she remembered how the four had all signed the soccer ball that now belonged to Quil.

"Emma!" Alice's distraught voice pulled the blonde from looking out her window. "Alice?" Emma twisted her body from the bench by the window. "Bella's in trouble, we've got to go!" Alice burst into the girl's room. "What? What do you mean?" Emma stood up, looking at the girl in bewilderment. "I'll explain on the way, you're coming with me." Alice threw Emma her jacket, wasting absolutely no time. "Right, yeah. Wait, does mom know?" Emma ran after her aunt, who had already disappeared down the stairs. The answer was no, Rosalie indeed was not informed that Alice was taking her on a 20-hour car ride back to Forks, Washington. 

__

"She's not here and neither is Charlie." Emma walked down the stairs of the small Swan residence. Turns out Alice had a vision, minutes prior to the invasion of Emma's room, according to Alice Bella Swan had tried to kill herself. "Someone has to come home soon." Alice was pacing the lower-level hallway in distress. "Someone just did." Emma heard a vehicle pull up to the front of the house and prayed that it was Bella Swan. "It's Bella's." Alice sighed in relief as she peaked out the front window and saw the old red truck. "I can't believe she fucking jumped." Emma shook her head in disbelief. "I know, it's extremely dangerous!" Alice yelled out in frustration as she impatiently waited for the girl to come inside. "Come on, Bella." Alice bounced nervously as Emma moved to sit on the staircase. The door opened and slammed closed as Bella ted to find the lights. Bella let out a yelp as she turned to see Alice Cullen directly in her face. "Alice!" Bella immediately launched herself into the Cullen's arms. "Oh my God, what are you-" Bella began as Emma stood up so Bella knew she was present as well. "Bella!" Alice snapped the human out of her daze.

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe you're here. Is-" Bella began to ramble as she looked between the two. "Would you like to explain to me how you're alive?" Alice didn't answer the half-finished question. "What?" Bella hadn't understood the concern. "She saw a vision of you. You jumped off a cliff and didn't come back up." Emma crossed her arms over her chest. "Why in the hell would you try and kill yourself? I mean-what about Charlie? What about-" Alice didn't even allow an explanation as she continued to scold the human. "I-I didn't try to kill myself." Bella shook her head as her heart still slammed in her chest. "I was cliff jumping." Bella confessed causing both the Cullens to look at her like she was crazy, Emma was sure she was. "Recreationally." Bella tried to defend her actions. "Right, recreationally." Emma scoffed at the girl's words, remembering how the Quileute's jumped recreationally. "It was f-fun." Bella wiped away a tear that escaped.