viii.

"Hey." everyone greeted Bella as she and Edwards joined the group's table. "Just in time, alright check it out." Mike Newton started as he was critiquing Jessica Stanely' graduation speech. "Alright, let's see what you got." Eric urged, ready to see his friend's skills. "My fellow students....right?" Mike started, looking around for everyone's approval. "Wow. Cute." Jessica rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. "Right. We are the future. Anything is possible if you just believe." Mike continued, and Emma began to laugh when she figured out where his inspiration was coming from. "Mike, that's awful." Emma looked at the jock with full sincerity. "Perfect, and you got yourself a speech." Mike tossed the paper back to Jessica, ignoring Emma's comment. "No, this'll be my speech when I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head." Jessica argued, crumbling up the paper. "So, thank you." Jessica then tossed the paper at an unphased Mike. "You got to embrace the clichés, Jess." Mike tried to defend his choices. "Yeah, they're the bread and butter of all valedictorians." Eric supported his best friend. "Please stop helping him." Emma begged the Asian boy, not wanting to hear anything else come out of Mike's mouth. "And that is why you are not valedictorian." Angela tried to silence her own boyfriend, a revelation that Emma's was glad to have seen. "Jess doesn't need cliches." Bella supported her friend with a smile. "This speech is going to be epic." Bella encouraged as she picked at her food. "Epic? It'll change lives." Jessica took the vote of confidence.

"I've decided to throw a party." Alice appeared next to Emma with Jasper by her side. "After all, how many times are we going to graduate high school?" Jasper's joke didn't get past the immortals. "A party? At your place?" Angela asked respectfully, glancing over at Emma in shock. "I've never seen your house." Jessica looked at Alice with stars in her eyes. "No one's ever seen their house." Eric pointed out with a scoff, before sending an apologetic look when he realized his tone. "Another party, Alice?" Edward wasn't amused, still brooding over the results of the last one. "It'll be fun." Alice defended her decision but felt a little hurt at their reminder. "Yeah, that's what you said last time." Bella gave her own warning look. "I think it'll be fun." Emma defended Alice, giving the couple a small glare. Alice gave Emma a thankful look before her expression went black again.

"Hey Angela." Bella wasn't the only one who took notice of Alice's change of expression. "Yeah?" Angela looked up at Bella and Alice saw a vision. "Do you need help with those?" Emma questioned the girl as she glanced wearily at Alice. Angela gave the girl a small nod as the three kept the attention away from Alice. Alice and Edward shared a look and Emma watched in worry as the vampire tried to put a brave face on for Bella, what was wrong now?

__

Emma stood in the woods with the rest of her family, the coven waiting near the treaty line. Rosalie had found out that the wolves now knew of her existence, and she was pissed, but she wasn't informed on the how and why just yet. "Are you sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle glanced at the empty forest, no sign of Victoria or the woods. "She's almost here." Alice warned and Jasper took a step forward. Emma scanned the forest with everyone else when she heard movement. "On your left!" Alice yelled out and Emma took off as soon as she saw the woman. "Be careful!" Emmett called after Emma when she almost tripped over a large fallen tree from the storm the previous night. "I'm fine." Emma ignored the man's warning as she used her enhanced abilities to their full power, gaining on Victoria. Victoria took advantage of the boundary that the treaty left and jumped across the river, leaving the Cullens to follow with no possible attack. "Bitch." Emma grumbled as she sped up and ran diagonal of Victoria, the family following her lead. The woman smirked as she jumped across the river again, landing inches from Emma as she narrowly missed her. Emma growled as she reached her hand out to grab the girl, but there was still too much space in between. Emma pushed her limits and gained a grip on the redhead's shoulder, only to be tossed into a tree with one small movement.