The Offer

It's been two days since Jay woke up from his three year long coma. He was still trying to process all the information he was given. He couldn't believe it. He was out for three years. His memories were gone. The only thing knew was his name.

Jay was still in bed. He didn't fully recover from his injuries. His head was wrapped in a bandage, he felt pain in his legs, one of his arms had a cast and he was covered in little band-aids. Jay noticed that Agent Greyson entered the room.

"Good Morning."

"Morning?" said Jay, confused.

"I didn't properly introduce myself. My name is Hugo Greyson. You can call me Agent Greyson."

"Wait. Am I not supposed to call you doctor?"

"Oh right. You clearly don't know where you are. This is the Administration, the realm of bureaucracy."

"So this isn't a hospital?"

"It is. It's a hospital inside the Administration."

"Oh."

"Do you remember anything?"

"Yes. Well. My name, I guess. It's Jay Walker."

"Mmm. My boss insisted of giving you a chance."

"A chance?"

"To join us. Would you like to have an opportunity to work for the Administrator?"

"I mean. I don't know. I am still trying to adapt to my new life."

"You can take this chance. You can start a new life, more organized life. Or... you can leave it. We will have to send you to your realm. You'll be alone and confused... So? What is going to be? Take it or leave it?"

"I'll... take it." hesitated Jay.

"Good. Welcome to the Administration, Agent Walker."