Him

His Point of View

I gradually opened my eyes and saw her beautiful face meeting mine, and she was sleeping again; I couldn't hide smiling while looking at her. As I came close to her earlier, I caught her napping soundly and immediately sat beside her, and as I looked closer at her face, I saw the dark circles around her eyes. Didn't she sleep last night? I was so stupid not to check for her after the so-called confession she professed that evening.

I glance at the wall clock behind me; it's 8 pm, yet this lady beside me is still asleep. She is stunningly lovely, and I doubt if she realizes that herself. I slowly patted her shoulder and saw her immediately straighten her back, and I caught her blushing, yet she was not even taking a peek at me. I smiled a bit and initiated to talk first.

"Hey, it's 8--" she stood up without throwing a glimpse at me. "Let's grab some dinner outside." I continued, and now, she was looking at me with glum sentiment seen in her face.

"Thanks, but I should go now." Then, she walked outside without turning her back to me. I wanted to walk after her, but I couldn't move, thinking maybe, I should let her take a break first, as I could feel; she was hurting because of me. Why on earth did I let her discern that way? I am totally heartless and stupid.

I wandered outside and sat on the bench near the pond. I don't understand myself, and I have no idea this time. Aizen appears odd with her honest emotion, and I feel bad because it feels that I turned her down unintentionally. As I recall, she never fails to amaze and shock me when she pulls weird things around and leaves me without a clue, but last night that's different from her silly actions.

Three years ago...

Today is my first day being a school nurse at a prestige university. At first, I thought I would be accepted and admitted to their hospital to work, yet, I got declined due to my incompetent working experiences, as I only have the background of being an intern in a hospital and worked unrelated to my field, math tutor. Thankfully, I still got qualified to work as a school infirmary nurse.

I was busy moving the hospital bed and heard someone enter the infirmary room. It's been years since I've been a hands-on nurse, and I feel quite nervous, as the last time; I was still an intern working at a nurse's station and being flexible in a ward.

"Miss, are you alright? You look aching." I heard Nurse Suarez, a coworker, speak. I moved the white curtain to see the person she was talking to, and I saw a girl fidgeting while holding her stomach. I instantly walked to where she was standing and saw her trying to plaster a smile on her lips as she stared at the nurse.

"Mr. Solomon, can you please assist her? I need to pass these papers to the faculty office." I nodded in response. Miss Suarez left.

"Hello, take a seat. What are you feeling right now?" I grabbed the chair and supported her to sit.

"My stomach was aching since earlier and---" she paused and gazed at me with a sudden gleam and surprise. It felt like she was not hurting anymore. I stood up and grabbed the clipboard at the nearest table.

"Miss?" I muttered. She was sitting stiff, and I noticed a glint of delight in her eyes.

''Miss, are you alright?'' I tried to divert her attention, but she was still staring at me. I snapped my fingers, and this time, she blinked many times.

"Hi, hello. I'm Aizen Alcantara." she placed her hand for a handshake, and I hesitantly shook her hand. She was still grinning widely, and I couldn't hide smiling too. She was so strange to me, but in a way, she acted as if she knew me.