²⁹ ; confrontation

EZRA STARED AT YOU with his white pupils surrounded by his black sclera, a smug smirk tightening his lips

EZRA STARED AT YOU with his white pupils surrounded by his black sclera, a smug smirk tightening his lips. He wore a black compression shirt accompanied by his washed out blue jeans that held onto his waist by his black belt. Same style from the living world, which made you feel even more sick.

Before he could say anything else, the blade of an angelic spear at his throat. However, despite this, he seems unfazed, staring at the spear's holder, Vaggie.

"State your business," she demanded, her stance at a ready. You landed next to Carmilla, unable to get your widened [E/C] eyes off the man— the monster before you. The overlord took note of this stillness from you and your unsettling silence, looking at the man with a raised eyebrow.

What about this puny creature made you seem so afraid?

The said male merely scoffed at Vaggie's attempts to threaten him as he moved the spear away from his throat by gently pushing it with the back of his hand. "No need for such a hostile greeting, I'm only here to talk with the lovely [Y/N]."

"[N/N], you know this guy?" she asked, not taking her eyes off him.

You shakily took a deep breath. "Vags, that's Ezra."

Although you couldn't see her expression, you could see her body tense. "Puta madre— I should kill you right here, right now!" she growled out, about to put the spear through his pathetic neck before Carmilla grabbed her wrist to stop her. The confused fallen angel looked up at her mentor, looking for answers silently.

"Careful, Vaggie. This pile of filth is on a leash— his soul belongs to an overlord. Last thing we need is killing an overlord's pet and gaining a new enemy," she said, her eyes narrowing at the smaller man.

His smug smile dropped at the insult. "Ouch. But, the weapon's dealer is right," he said before he circled around the two in front of him, eyeing Vaggie out before he gazed at you once more. This made you tense. The mere feeling of being looked at by him made your body send shivers down your spine.

"What do you want, Ezra?" you finally say, trying to put on a tough front. Yes, you killed this man before, and you weren't necessarily afraid of him. It was just his presence that made your skin crawl as memories of your history with him flooded your head.

"Relax, I just wanna talk. There was talk of an angel in hell— although I never payed any mind to the rumors, crazy shit happens all the time," he explains, chuckling. "But then, I saw it was you. I didn't think you would make it to the pearly gates, [N/N]," he got even closer to you, towering over you just like how he did in life.