-Chapter Sixteen- Follow You

/i will follow you way down, wherever you may go/ i'll follow you way down to your deepest low/ i'll always be around/ wherever life takes you/

-follow you, imagine dragons

Rapunzel had fallen for it- hook, line and sinker. In her "grief", she had agreed to sneak the two into the royal vaults.

However, she didn't seem to realize just how fast she was- For the love of alchemy, slow down!

Rapunzel had taken Varian and Y/n's hands and was pulling them behind her as she sprinted through the palace and the teens scrambled to keep up.

She pulled them over to a door as they ran past guards and pressed her back to it, Y/n and Varian quickly following suit.

"Princess, what are we doing here?" asked Varian nervously. "The flower would most likely be in the royal vault, and that is on the other side-"

"Other side of the castle." Rapunzel finished. "I know. But, if we want to get past the vault security, our best bet is to use the underground tunnels, and Herz de Sonne's journal has a complete map of them."

Y/n's eyes sparkled with interest. The underground tunnels were the only secret passageways she knew of that she didn't have access to- and here her sister was, practically showing her to the door.

Rapunzel pushed the door open with a creak, revealing a dark room with a podium on one end that held the journal.

The three walked inside, and the staff Y/n held bathed the room in an ethereal glow as Rapunzel walked to the podium, Y/n and Varian waiting in the doorway.

Her sister sighed regretfully, but took the journal, turning back to Varian and Y/n.

Rapunzel looked up at a large portrait of their father that hung on the wall, looking regretful and ashamed.

Y/n had a very different reaction. Since Rapunzel's return, Y/n's feelings towards her father had gone very negative, very quickly. And, although her parents hadn't been directly involved with the amber- if Y/n was going to let out some of her anger, she was going to let out all of it.

Rapunzel sighed. "What am I doing?" she murmured as Varian and Y/n moved from the doorway.

"Rapunzel, you got what we came for." said Varian, walking over to her. "Come on, let's go!" He gestured with his hands waving her over, and Rapunzel looked down with remorse.

"Taking the journal, stealing the flower..." Rapunzel hesitated again. "Varian, Y/n, these are all acts of treason."

"This may be my dad's only hope!" exclaimed Varian fearfully. Y/n stepped up next to him, lowering the staff in front of her.

Y/n knew exactly what she needed to say to convince her sister- the thing she'd always be weak to. "This may be Corona's only hope." she said, building off of Varian's statement. "Rapunzel, Corona needs our help."

With a sigh, Rapunzel returned Y/n's gaze. "For Corona."

Leave it to Rapunzel to care more about a kingdom than a person.

Rapunzel gave one more dejected look to the portrait. "Come on."

And with that, she hurried from the room, Y/n and Varian rushing to keep up.

They had barely gotten a few feet, however, when Eugene suddenly emerged from behind a corner. Rapunzel skidded to a stop, and Varian crashed into her, before subsequently being crashed into by Y/n. The noise was tremendous- Y/n was shocked Eugene didn't notice the obvious clumsy teenagers standing literally right behind his girlfriend.