Eight

MONDAY

What Sasha told me still hadn't left my mind as we walked into the school building Monday morning. It was true, Eli did intrigue me, and maybe at the moment I am leaning towards him, but there's still Liam. I have to consider him. I haven't even given him a chance yet. We hadn't gone on our date. As I turned the corner and began walking to my locker, I noticed Liam.

He was at my locker, with a banquet of roses, and a big smile on his face. "Liam." I smiled as I approached him. "Are you feeling better?" He asked as he handed me the roses.

I smiled while taking them, "Yeah, I do, thank you." I opened my locker, and placed some of my books in there. "Sasha said you were throwing up, and-" "

I am completely fine." I looked over at Sasha.

She couldn't help but smile mischievously.

"But since we didn't get to go on our date Saturday, how about I take you out tonight?" He asked. I thought about it for a second. It was a Monday, who went on dates on a Monday?

Screw it, you only live once right?

"Yeah, sure." I smiled closing my locker.

"Really?" He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "What?" I questioned.

"Nothing, I thought you'd say something about it being a school night or whatever."

"Shut-up." I playfully punched him. That was something old me would've said, but I felt different now.

Liam smiled down at me, then looked up, his expression changing immediately.

I didn't have to turn around to know why his expression changed either. I knew exactly who it was. My gut feeling was confirmed when Sasha smiled, "Eli!" They high-fived each other. "Hey Eli." I said, feigning focus on something in my locker.

This was the last thing I needed.

Liam and Eli were at another awkward, tension filled staring contest. "Did I miss something?" Eli asked, looking at the roses in my hand. I shook my head, "Liam gave them to me."

"She was sick over the weekend, I wanted to make her feel better." Liam put his arm around my shoulder possessively and smirked.

"Sick huh?" Eli looked at me with knowing eyes, and a suppressed smile.

"Stomach bug." I said. "I wish I would've known, I would've gotten you something."

"Okay!" Sasha said stepping in, "The bell's about to ring, we'll continue this during the passing period."

Sasha shoo'ed Eli and Liam away, even though I'd be seeing Eli in my first period class.

I quickly packed the roses away in my locker, and grabbed my books before looping arms with Sasha, and heading to class.

"What the hell? Did you see that?" She smiled, "So much drama, I need popcorn the next time this happens, seriously."

I rolled my eyes, "It's nerve racking, I don't want Liam to find out about what happened this weekend."

"He won't, trust me, I got your back."

"Thank you, I love you girl."

"I love you too."

We had a quick hug before leaving to go to our separate classes.

"You are horrible." I joked as I approached Eli. "What?" He asked, obviously playing dumb, "I hope I didn't catch anything." He felt his forehead for dramatic effect.