☆ chapter 10.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

narrative.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

TODAY IS THE DAY ELIZABETH IS MEETING PAIGE FOR LUNCH. and she could not be more nervous.

like camila suggested, elizabeth spent the night at camilas, and camila helped her pick out her outfit and get ready for the meetup.

elizabeths palms were sweaty as camila took her hands and they locked eye contact.

"you are gonna go there, and youre gonna tell her exactly how you feel. okay? you got this lizzy, dont even worry," camila said, her little speech giving elizabeth all the confidence she needed to nod her head and walk out the door.

the walk the teds was quick, and soon enough elizabeth was stood in front of the sign. she gave herself 3 deep breathes before entering the building. she immediately spotted the blonde on facing away from her, sat at the bar.

from the back, paige looked nervous, her back was perfectly straight, and she was playing with the necklace hanging down over her sweater.

elizabeth built up all her confidence, and walked over, sitting in the seat to the right of paige. she gave elizabeth a long once over, before coming back up to her eyes, letting a slight smile fall over her lips.

"hi."

elizabeth smiled back, the sound of her old best friends, and now crushes, voice filling her eyes, "hi."

they both stare at each other for another minute, until they both speak up, "im sorry."

the duo laugh, the old habits coming back to them. once they recollect themselves, elizabeth does a little hand moment to show that paige can speak first, and paige nods to show that she understands.

"okay, elizabeth, i am so so so unbelievably sorry. when i said that all those years ago, i dont know what i was thinking. i truly didnt think you could ever forgive me for it, and im surprised youre doing it now. but, im glad youve reached out. ive been thinking about reaching out for a while now, but you beat me to it i guess," paige ends with a sigh, leaving elizabeth with a cliff hanger.

"wait, what do you mean youve been meaning to reach out, and about what? i though you hated me?"

"no, uh, quite the opposite exactly," a sly smile comes up on paiges face when she says this, and elizabeth is left a little stunned.

"listen, elizabeth. i know you probably hate me, but i cant help it anymore. i like you. like, more than a friend like. i realized it when i saw your post with maria, but i think its been brewing for a while. i needed to tell you because we are dorm mates for the rest of the year, and i dont want things to get uncomfortable for you."

paige finishes, and elizabeth is sat with her jaw practically on the floor. once she realizes what she looks like, she fixes herself while allowing the blondes words to set in.

"oh my god, you probably hate me more now, dont you? god, i shouldve kept it to myself," paige sighs, frustrated with herself.

"paige no. i, uh, i.. feel the same way? i dont know. well, i do know, ive know for a bit now too, which is funny because its actually why i reached out," as elizabeth continues rambling to explain herself, paige has found her hands and is now holding them in her own. this stops elizabeth abruptly, looking down at the interlocked hands between the pair.

"you like me back?"

"yes. i thought it was obvious, i mean, camila found it out pretty easily."

the duo laugh once more, before paige becomes serious.

"so, how should this go?" paige questions elizabeth.

"i feel like we should take it slow for now, i thought you hated me until 5 minutes ago," elizabeth says.

"what? i thought you hated me?"

"i could never hate you paige bueckers."

"well good, because i could never hate you, elizabeth williams," paige says as the girls smile goofily at each other.

elizabeth leaves the restaurant a little while later with a smile on her face.

when she arrives back at camilas dorm, she doesnt even knock before camila opens the door and pulls in.

"sooo, howd it go!" camila questions her excitedly.

all elizabeth can do is smile and giggle, before her and her best collapse into a pile of laughter on her couch.

once they calm down, elizabeth tells her everything that happened, wide smiles and giggles escaping every once in a while.

"told you so," is all camila says when elizabeth is done. "now, lets get ice cream to celebrate this historic moment," elizabeth agreeing as she once again collects her things, and the duo leave for the celebratory dessert.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

FAVIFTIES SPEAKS
omg i love this sm.
paige and lizzy have
my heart guys