Alastor's Birdy

Alastor wasn't a good man.

In fact, he was no longer a man at all.

He was the Radio Demon, an overlord of hell, owner of souls, and host of the Hazbin Hotel.

The only evidence that he was ever human was the gold band worn around his ring finger. No one seemed to notice it; if they did, they didn't dare ask.

Not much was known about the terrifying radio demon. The others at the hotel often wondered about the origins of the great Alastor Altruist.

Well, not until Mimzy comes along.

"Alastooor, Sweetie, doll-face! So good to see you. How've ya been? Good? Good."

Alastor hugs the small woman while everyone stares in confusion.

"Listen, I was in the neighborhood! I heard you were staying at this ritzy ditzy slob factory-"

A glint of gold catches the light.

"Oh! By the way, where's your little birdy?"

Alastor's who? The confusion only continued to grow in the room.

"Oh, Mimzy, you know she would never have ended up down here."

Who are they talking about?

"Ah yes, she was such a kind soul. The best of the best."

Finally, someone asks.

"Yo! Lady! Who ya talkin' about?"

"His missus, of course!"

His what?

"YOU WERE MARRIED?!"

Alastor's eye twitched as private information about his life came to light.

"I am married; we never divorced."

Everyone stared in disbelief. How could anyone marry Alastor, of all people?

Wait-

"You said she would never have ended up down here. Does that mean that your wife is in heaven? Is she an angel?"

"Charlie, don't be ridiculous! No one that good could have married him!"

Mimzy pipes up,

"She's right. Y/n Altruist was too good for the world and sang like a canary!"

That she did...

"I fell in love with you the first time I looked into

Them there eyes

You've got a certain little cute way of flirtin' with

Them there eyes"

All eyes gazed upon the stage. His little birdy was much like him in how they entranced others with their voices. If all he heard for the rest of eternity was that beautiful song of hers, then he could die a happy man.

"They make me feel happy

They make me blue

No stallin', I'm fallin'

Going in a great big way for sweet little you"

It was never supposed to last. It was just for a while to make him seem more normal. To hide his less than socially acceptable hobbies. But she was light, and he was a moth to a flame. As he felt the weight of the box in his hand he wondered how someone like him got blessed with someone like her.

"My heart is jumpin', you sure started something with

Them there eyes

You'd better watch them if you're wise

They sparkle, they bubble

They're gonna get you in a whole lot of trouble

You're overworkin' them, there's danger lurkin' in

Them there eyes"

Her eyes brightened as they landed on him sitting at his usual table in the back. He was done with work early and had come to pick her up so they could walk home together.

"I fell in love with you the first time I looked into

Them there eyes

You've got a certain little cute way of flirtin' with

Them there eyes"

HIS. She was his. He was hers. They were each others.

The only proof that Alastor was ever human was the gold band around his ring finger.