Broken Wings

TW: pregnancy, death by child birth, death, slight description of blood.

What had he done?

What had he done?

He couldn't face her even in death?

What did he do that was so horrible that he couldn't even see his wife?

His birdy?

Those questions ran through Charlie's head as she and Vaggie walked through heaven. After the startling news of Alastor's angel wife settled in, things at the hotel got really crazy. They were attacked, she argued with her dad, Alastor saved the day and kicked out Mimzy (lil bitch), and she reconnected with her father and got a meeting with heaven.

Charlie had realized this would probably be Alastor's only chance to see his wife since they both had died. So she offered for him to go with them. She hadn't expected him to say no.

"That's quite alright, my dear, I am undeserving of her. I was blessed with her during my life. I will not curse her in death."

This brings Charlie back to...

What did he do?

The pain in his hand was unbearable, but he didn't say anything. After all, how could he complain about her squeezing his hand when she was working so hard on giving birth to their child?

Their child.

Alastor never saw himself as a father. Not until he married her, and it became all he could think about. If more people were like his wife, the would be a more beautiful place.

"AAAGGGHHH!!" his birdy screamed as she made the final push.

"WAAAAHHHH!"

Alastor felt himself breathe again, but only for a moment.

It had all gone by so fast.

The doctors noticed something wrong.

The blood wasn't stopping and coming out too fast.

The monitor spiked.

He was rushed out of the room, holding his new baby girl.

She had wanted the child's name to be Eudora if it was a girl and Galdur if it was a boy.

Hearing the yelling of several people.

CLEAR

Then, the flat line.

One life had been traded for another.

The lights were off.

And the child...

No, Eudora would never get to know the love of the woman who had touched his cold, bitter heart. Eudora would never get to hear the angelic voice of his birdy.

They would pay...