A Buck and A Canary

What was she doing here?

Why was she smiling at him like nothing happened?

He left their child alone!

He let her die!

He lied to her!

It has been one week since the battle at the Habin Hotel. They were starting to finish the reconstruction of the hotel when something strange happened. An angel appeared.

"Hello! My name is Y/n Altruist, and the higher-ups of heaven have sent me to oversee the progress of the hotel!"

"THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS!?" Charlie was practically vibrating with joy.

"Why?" Vaggie asked skeptically.

"Well, unlike before, we have proof that your hotel works! A certain serpent has shown up in heaven!"

"Sir Penitouse is alive!" everyone was filled with overwhelming joy.

"Also"

Y/n bowed in respect.

"I deeply apologize for the exterminations. They were never supposed to happen. Sera and Adam were working alone in that sense."

Charlie grabbed her hand and helped her back up.

"So really, no one knew? How is that possible?"

"The seven virtues are the only defense against evil on Earth so they have their hands full with that, I'm afraid. I was at the meeting and I brought up the issue as soon as I could!"

"Why do you care so much about what happens to us? No offense, we're really grateful you did what you did! But why?"

"Well, I'm afraid my answer is a little selfish. My husband is down here. He wasn't a good man but he was a good husband and he would have been a good father hadn't he died."

How did an angel like her end up with someone down here?

Wait-

An angel like her?

"Im sorry, but what is your husband's na-"

"Birdy?"

"Alastor?"

Alastor sat uncomfortably on the plush couch in his room

Alastor sat uncomfortably on the plush couch in his room. Y/n sat equally as uncomfortable in a chair of a similar design. You could cut the tension in the air with a knife.

Alastor avoided making eye contact with his wife. I mean she had to know who he truly was at this point. How could she not?

"Alastor."

She breaks the silence.

"I've missed you dearly, my darling."

Why was she smiling?

"I know what you did, and while I can't say I'm pleased, that doesn't change the fact that you are my husband."

What?

"You cherished and loved me for so many years. You took care of me and Eudora. You loved me with everything you had."

This isn't right.

"So, if you haven't stopped loving me in the time we've been apart,"

No

"I'd like to be your wife still."

Alastor finally looked at his ethereal wife. She was so good. She shouldn't be corrupted by his darkness.

"I left her alone."

"So did I."

Y/n smiled at the man in front of her. This was her Alastor. This was the man she fell in love with. Sure, there were blazing red flags and she should probably be running for the hills. However, she can't deny the urge to be with him.

"I've been watching over her."

"You have? How is she?"

"She's lived a long life. She's been married to her wife for about 40 years now. She adopted three kids and has a bunch of grandkids. She had her own radio show, Al!"

"She did?"

"She did."

Y/n moves to sit beside him and grabs his hand with both of hers. Alastor finally pulls her closer,

"You deserve so much more than I am. I cursed you in life I can't let you get hurt again."

"You are all that I want, and if I get cursed because of it, that will have been my decision."

She places her hand on his face, and he leans into it.

"My darling Alastor, there is nothing you can do for me to stop loving you."

"Alright, Birdy, I'll have you for as long as you wish to stay."

And so the Buck was reunited with his Canary.