CHAPTER 39

(I wrote this chapter with this, and I don't know if you like to hear it so, just take it as TMI that the author is obsessed with AI covers)

Yazia stood there; her gaze fixed on the spot where Taehyung had disappeared from her sight. A whirlwind of emotions churned within her, each one vying for her attention and threatening to overwhelm her.

It was hard to swallow down all the feelings she was processing, to push aside the longing and the regret that gnawed at her heart. But did they even matter now? She was bonded to another man, her fate sealed by her own agreement.

The weight of her decision pressed down on her shoulders, an oppressive force that threatened to crush her spirit. Trapped in the confines of her own choices, she found herself suffocating under the burden of her obligations. It was a silent anguish, a pain that she bore alone, unable to share with anyone else.

She let out a shaky breath and made her way inside the house her steps felt heavy she didn't know how to take all that emotional burden she felt. Silent tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she held them back, unwilling to betray her inner emotions to the world.

"I cannot fail my father," Yazia whispered to herself, her voice barely audible above. A way to calm her down. She showed herself the reality. It was a mantra she repeated like a lifeline, a desperate attempt to anchor herself in the midst of the storm.

With lost steps, Yazia entered inside and silently walked towards the lawn. She wants to compose herself before facing everyone. She bit her lips and sat on the swing a place which comforted her every time but this time it failed to calm her inner storm. She heaved a sigh looking up at the sky trying to hold down her tears.

The memory of Taehyung's pained expression lingered in her mind like a haunting echo, threatening to suffocate her with its intensity. "Are you okay Yazia?" Ayzal's gentle voice made her look back. 

"I... I don't know," Yazia admitted her voice barely above a whisper, each word heavy with the burden of her uncertainty. Ayzal looked at Yazia's troubled expressions and let out a breath then settled beside her. 

"You... should tell Appa," Ayzal advised and Yazia looked down. "What should I tell him? Should I tell him I am not okay with his decision when I agreed to it on my own," Yazia said her voice weak. Her mind was racing with the possibility of her father getting hurt not knowing he was doing all this for her happiness.

Yazia's thoughts raced, tangled in the web of her emotions.

"Should I confess that I've developed feelings for his friend's son after he's already bonded me to someone else? How could I betray his trust like that?" Yazia's heart clenched with the weight of her dilemma.

 "I can't do it, Ayzal," she whispered, her voice tinged with resignation. The thought of disappointing her father was too much to bear.

 "Yazia he only wants your happiness he'll listen to you," Ayzal insisted.

"I've already let him down so much," Yazia confessed, her voice heavy with guilt. "He always called me his pride and look at what I've done. My past alone is enough to crush him, let alone this secret." She turned to Ayzal.