Chapter 9

I just knocked off from work and I'm going to meet uMbali for a late lunch at Tashas at Gateway, we're going to finalize the party plans which is in two days. It doesn't take too long and by 17:00 we're done, after the meeting we go our separate ways and I decide to go to Woolworths to get a few short groceries, once that's done I head for the parkade and pass by a baby store. The temptation over powers me and I go in, I pick out a cute beige romper and beanie set and three other things because of excitement , I'm going to put it with Nkosi's gift. I've decided to put my pregnancy, sonogram and now the romper in the gift box, I'll give it to him when we get back from the party.
-
-
-
I got home wore slippers and an apron and prepared steak, mash and roasted vegetables for dinner. Once everything was done I went upstairs to take a shower and wear my night dress and a night gown over it. Nkosi came home and gave me a kiss and went up to take a shower while I dished up for him, he came down and we dug in while talking about our days and random things, of course I left out the things he didn't need to know.
-
-
-
It's the night of the party, I told Nkosi that he is accompanying me to a work gala and Mbali cooked up her own story for Thembinkosi. I had my frontal in a low half up half down hairstyle and wore a long,black, off the shoulder, beaded couture dress. I finished up getting ready when my shnack walked in looking yummy, he wraps his arms around me and leaves wet kisses on my neck and I giggle.

Me: Gatsheni ima.

Nkosi: Do we have to go baby?

Me: Yeesss baby.

Nkosi: Okay ke asambe

I'm about to walk out when he stops me

Nkosi: Awung' shaye ngeyi one.

I shake my head smiling and give him a kiss before following him out the bedroom.
-
-
-
We arrive at the venue and Mbali and I meet at the door, the twins look confused

Thembinkosi: Kwenzakalani la?

Nkosi: Nam bafo angazi

Thembinkosi: Baby didn't you say we're going to a launch, you didn't mention uNkosinathi no Ayanda.

Nkosi: Sthandwa Sam uthe we're going to a work gala, and ang'boni bantu la

Mbali and I look at each other and laugh before the door opens

"SUPRISE!!!"
Is what you hear when we step in, the whole Ndlovu family is here and so are some of my family and Mbali as well as friends, it's packed.
I look at the twins and they seem shocked and happy, they kiss us and we all walk in and greet everyone and the party starts.

We're all dancing and Nkosi whispers to me

Nkosi: You're full of surprises MaBhengu, thank you.

Me: I still have one more when we get home

He chuckles
Nkosi: Ngiyakuthanda Mpilo yam

Me: Ngiyakuthanda nam Themba lam

We kiss and the fun continues when I hear tires screeching. Gunshots are then released and Nkosi tackles me down. He takes out his gun and starts shooting with his brothers but I feel something stinging me, I look down and touch my abdomen and see blood on my hands. The noises start to fade, the bullets stop and all I hear is Nkosi's voice call my name and others join in and then it's LIGHTS OUT.
.
.
.
.
.