Chapter 18

I wasn't sure where I was going but I settled for my apartment, I just needed to be away from everything and everyone. I luckily had a few things that weren't moved yet, some clothes and guest bathroom essentials. The security guards know me so they opened for me and I usually leave my spare key under a pot plant by the window, I still had the apartment because I was planning on renovating it a bit and renting it out. I ordered woolies groceries so I could make food and it got here so I decided to make a quick pasta and call Mbali, I'm sure she's worried sick. It rang and she picked up

Mbali: Ayanda kunini ngiku fonela?

Me: Hey, ngiyaxolisa, I got held up at work so I slept there

Her: Tell that to a blind man, Nkosi went to your work and they said you left yesterday.

Me: Shit!
I said under my breath

Her: Ayanda ukhupi ngempela? Is there someone....

Me: Cha M I just needed time away.

Her: Time away?

Me: Yes there's just a lot happening

Her: Aya are you okay?

Me: Yes don't worry about me, I'm okay...
Just then there was a knock on the door

Me: Listen Mzala I have to go someone's at the door

Her: Okay, but are you sure you're fine??

Me: Yebo Mbali, I'm fine.

Her: Okay ke, bye I love you.

Me: I love you too.

I dropped the call and went to open the door, he stood there staring back at me. He was wearing black pants and a black high crew neck top, his cologne filled my nostrils making me more mad at him and longing for his touch at the same time. I couldn't really read his face, it was laced with worry, anger and relief. I moved aside and he got in. I took a deep breath before closing the door and turning around proceeding to walk to the kitchen sink, he was standing leaning on the counter opposite.

Nkosi: Kwenzakalani Ayanda?

His tone was very calm, you could lace the anger but his calmness made it more scary. I scoffed with the braveness I had left

Me: I should be asking you that.

He took a step closer to me.

Him: Ubukuphi sonke lesi sikhathi?

Me: Would you like something to drink?

Him: Don't make me isiphukuphuku sakho, phendula umbuzo.

Me: Angidingi, ngoba vele ungubani wena, mmh? Because the things you've been doing aren't things done by a fiancé.

Him: I was worried sick about you, I thought something bad, happened to you? Yazi ngize ngafonela abantu kanti ula.

I chuckled at that shaking my head

Me: So now you care? You didn't car when you just told Kagiso to take me home, because if you did you would have called to check up on me. You didn't call when I was hi....you know what hamba.

I was about to mention the bodyguard incident but realised that it would only fuel his anger, he hasn't noticed the bruise because it's covered in make up, I didn't want people to see it while I was getting the deliveries.

He looked down for a while and looked back at me, he walked closer to me and reached his hands out to touch me but I stopped him.

Me: Don't touch me.

Him: But he can?

Me: Ini? Ang'zwanga.

Him: Ungizwe kahle, I know you were at Kwanda's nokhuti ulele khona.

Me: Unbelievable!! So what are you implying?

Him: Ulele naye?

Me: I can't believe this.

Him: Just answer the damn question, because it seems like you're keeping secrets from let alone the fact that you don't want me to touch you.

I chuckled

Me: I don't want you to touch me because I'm mad at you, wena ke I don't even know where you've been sleeping or how many women you've been sleeping with and speaking about secrets, we're here because of yours. So let me make things easier you, hamba Nkosinathi, leave!!!

Him: Baby please can we atleast talk.

Me: Talk about what heh? Ngoba in your eyes ngiyisifebe esihamba silala. Kwanda did what you couldn't!!

I knew what I said would've hurt him but I was hurting too, I could feel my eyes burning with tears and I let them fall

Me: Ungishiyile and then you take me to safe houses I don't know of with men I don't know.

It was starting to sink in that had the second bodyguard not been there, something worse could have happened.

He grabbed me and held me in his arms, I tried fighting him but I couldn't break out so I just broke down on his chest.

Him: I'm sorry

A sob escaped and I just felt as slide down to the ground. I cried my eyes out until I fell asleep in his arms, a feeling I missed.
_
_
_
_
_