Coffee Shop

Saiki and I entered our respective homes - I was still in slight disbelief - in order to change out of our uniforms for our "meeting" of sorts later today.
It felt kind of weird. I only met him three days ago, still didn't like him two days ago, and somehow in the span of yesterday and today I've warmed up to him somewhat.

Honestly? He still gets on my nerves, and he still freaks me out just a little. But you know when you get that feeling that you're going to be good friends with someone?

Anyway, I slipped out of my uniform and stood in front of my wardrobe, contemplating. We're going to a coffee shop, so I'll probably just wear jeans and a pullover. I shrug and decide there's not really any point in trying to see if anything else works, and pull on the jeans and sweater. Glancing at the time on my phone, I made a mental note that I still had 15 minutes to kill. In light of that...

"Hey, Siri, shuffle my music."
A robotic voice replies "Shuffling your Apple Library,"

After a few seconds, my phone starts playing some music. Obviously, I tell Siri to skip the first five or something because it doesn't suit the vibe, until I get to Olivia Rodrigo "bad idea right?" and a grin splashes onto my face like a damn reflex.

===========================

Saiki's P.O.V:

I was trying my best to read Oppu's mind from my house, but it seems as though with increased distance comes increased difficulty of using telepathy on her. I couldn't focus properly, and on top of that, when I walked over to my open window I could faintly hear some music - one of the songs she had stuck in her head earlier was playing. Good grief, is her head always full of such useless things?

I pull out my phone, being unable to gauge whether or not she was ready through her mind, and pull out the paper slip she gave me, transferring the numbers over into my contacts and saving her name before shooting a text. I suppose having her number is useful.

---------------------
Oppu Sekayi

You
Are you ready?

Oppu
pinky?

You
Who else have you given your
number to?

Yes, it's me.

Oppu
a lot of people

dumbass

just usually they tell me who
they r when they text me

You
Are you ready?

Oppu
wot r u

my mother

yes i'm bloody ready let me
come out

jesus

impatient

You
Do you always send this many
messages at once?

Oppu
get used to it

outside

You
Then ring the bell?
Read: 4:57

Oppu
no.

---------------------

I roll my eyes and teleport downstairs, opening the door to see Oppu standing there, arms folded.

"Let's go, then." She sighs, turning and walking off.
"You don't know where it is." I start, catching up to her after closing my door.
"Then lead the way." She stops dead and gestures for me to walk ahead, flippantly. How can someone fit so much sarcasm and sardonic nonsense into one little girl?

Relenting, I begin walking and she falls into step beside me, pulling her phone out. Good grief, she can't even be bothered to talk to me? What am I saying, silence is better here. For now, anyway.

===========================

I pull my phone out and save Saiki's number to my contacts, mentally kicking myself for giving him yet another means to bug me by. Glancing over at him, I see a slightly irritated look on his face, and slip my phone back into my back pocket.

"What?" I glanced over at him.
"What do you mean, 'what'?" He raises an eyebrow, the look disappearing.
"You looked pissed."
"I'm not."
"Fine."

I sigh and carry on walking, glancing around to take my surroundings in. It's a different way to the path we use for school, so this is new to me. Whether we were going into town or not I don't know - I haven't explored much yet. Figuring I might as well make some conversation, I glance over at Saiki again (whose expression looks a lot less grumpy).

"So," I start, looking away from him again, "Where are we going?"
He's silent for a few seconds before sighing. Jesus, is answering a simple question that much effort?
"Just a coffee shop I'm a regular at. It's quiet and they have coffee jelly there. The coffee is good, too."
I furrow my brow. "Coffee jelly? That sounds weird."

It's almost amusing what an offended look he gives me. No, it is amusing. How can someone care that much about some jelly? I get the feeling I've opened Pandora's box, and my mood dips for a second as he starts to ramble on that coffee jelly is "A delicacy that has the perfect mixture of bitter and sweet, something you obviously wouldn't understand." or whatever. I'm only half-listening, but Jesus, if he's that obsessed with it I might as well try it. It's not like I don't have a sweet tooth or two (or 32), anyway.

We step up to the shop, and the outside looks... okay, but it certainly doesn't get my hopes up. I glance over to Saiki, who seems to be silently judging my reaction for a second or two before holding the door open for me.

"What a gentleman." I deadpan, murmuring a "Thanks." before stepping inside, with Pinky close behind.