Piece#5

"A Palette of Happiness, A Moment of Serenity."

There are times when life is beautiful.

Like when you wake up from a long nap you know your body ached to have for such a long time. Suddenly the world seems brighter and your head feels lighter, your mood instantly lightens and everything seems so vibrant like some editing app filter. Then you start to walk outside and feel the warmth of nature, of how beautiful the colors match each other, setting up such aesthetically pleasing images in your mind. Enveloped in the various shades of green in the garden, to the shades of pink from the peonies. The sky flushed with a hue of blue, the clouds drifting as if it were massive cotton candy above. What a beautiful sight, oh how my heart aches with joy.

That moment when your body's half asleep, your mind's fuzzy, and everything's suddenly a blur–until you open your eyes to the sight of, well, nothing much, it's just what you see every day. It's the same stuff. I wonder what seems to be different, is it the contrast of color made ethereal by the sunlight, is it the sudden moment of quietness that it feels like you're in a Ghibli movie, or is it your overall mood from that wonderful, powerful 40-minute nap you wanted so much from the past few days?

And it just puts a smile on your face, seeing an uncommon sight of ginger mixed with a white furry feline wagging its tail, as well as another tri-colored one, almost feeling the same way as you, their marbly, olive eyes heavily blinking, as if they were to sleep? And what's better when an adorable, brown puppy with her white socks falls asleep at the same moment? You melt at the heavenly sight as if it washed all your anxieties away. Your mind halts, and it's now preoccupied with all gratefulness for the Creator, or the universe, that you've been given this moment.

All the deafening silence wasn't exactly that much deafening, as the bird's chirp echoed along the place, and you swear this has been the calmest you've ever been. The calmness, tranquility, the peace of mind. It's all what that moment accounts for. Suddenly, you forget what you were aiming for, what kind of life you were chasing, or where exactly, which path does your life go to? If you have worked this hard by now, are you certain that success is just one grab away?

And there's this realization, that what exactly does happiness mean? Do I only become happy when I achieve success? Do I prolong my happiness and stick it to the idea of becoming someone, of becoming successful according to the masses? What if I did not chase the idea of goal-setting, would I miss out on life? Would I be less successful than anyone? Or would it be right if I was just contented? That for now, appreciating the teeny, tiniest joys from everyday life, from the moments of the mundane, boring, and seemingly irrelevant parts, is enough to make me happy? Is being happy only associated with striving hard to be successful?

Honestly, I figured that it's not very hard, that maybe happiness is all about being content with the everyday, boring, repetitive, and mundane life, in finding joy from the present situation, from the present version of ourselves, and in the hopefully, passionate, and patient, chaotically and carefully crafting of the future version of ourselves.