5. The wedding night

Ishqi's POV

I was sitting on the king size bed. I was in the golden lehenga with a light weight necklace that Maa gave to me. I had the anklets in my feet. I sat down waiting for my unwanted husband.

 I sat down waiting for my unwanted husband

Thud!!

The door opened and I looked up. He was standing there with his kurta open. I looked away. When I heard the sound of the door closing.

 When I heard the sound of the door closing

I looked at him.

" Get up."

He said. I got angry. Didn't his mother promise me that he will not force me for anything?

" Didn't you hear at once? I said get up."

He commanded again. I really wanted to slap this man. I slide myself to the edge of the bed and then came down.

" What?"

I asked while folding my arms. He scanned me from top to bottom and then walked towards the sofa. He sat down and then picked a glass. He poured the whiskey in the glass.

He then kept his right arm on the sofa and kept his one leg above the other one.

" Remove your veil and then start doing sit ups. "

He ordered, his voice dripping with authority.

I clenched my jaw, refusing to show him any sign of weakness.

" And why should I listen to you?" I retorted, my voice laced with defiance.

He raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing at the corner of his lips.

"Because, my dear wife, I am your husband. And you will do as I say."

He replied, his tone dripping with arrogance.

My blood boiled at his words, but I knew better than to provoke him further. Swallowing my pride, I reached up to remove the veil that had been shielding my face, my movements deliberate as I revealed myself to him.

With a deep breath, I steeled myself for what was to come, determined not to let him break me, no matter how hard he tried.

I had done 10 sit-ups and got tired. I looked at him.