The Dressing Machine

Lucas looks back, and sees no sign of Drew

He sighs, "Well, looks like I'm on my own..."

I wonder if this place has any rides...

Lucas explores around, seeing all sorts of dress shops, games, and stages set up, but no sign of roller coasters or merry-go-rounds.

He sighs.

"Man, I wish Emma or Drew were here..."

...THEN, almost like magic, an enormous pink roller coaster appears at the end of the park, surrounded by lights and excited children.

However, it isn't magic, Lucas just has terrible observation skills.

The coaster towers over him in pure beauty, and Lucas examines it with pride, like how a teenager looks at a cleaned room.

"It's... it's beautiful!" Lucas said, as a tear of joy shed down his cheek.

He sprints toward the ride, fantasizing all the amazing times he'll have, all the loopty-loops, spins, and drops.

When suddenly...

"Stop right there, ma'am!"

He turns around.

Ma'am?!

"Oh shoot, sorry! I mean sir. I didn't realize guys came here— pretty neat, though. I mean it is 2024 now, so I shouldn't be surprised, but—"

"Thanks...?"

"No problem. I'm Sammy. Sammy Jonah," she says, and shakes his hand fast.

"Nice to meet you, Sammy. I'm Lucas" he smiles brightly.

She's about his age, wearing a worker's uniform that says "Pink Princess" in bold white letters.

She probably works here.

"Are you off duty?"

"Yeah, sorta. But I still gotta remind folks like you of the rules..." Sammy sighed.

"Rules? I wasn't doing anything wron—"

"Yeaaah, unfortunately you're not allowed to hop on the roller coaster without a special "Fairy" pass." she said.

Lucas checked both of his pockets and groaned, "You've gotta be kidding me... Emma has them."

"Damn, I've been there before."

"Crud, maybe I oughta call her," he said, trailing off elsewhere.

"Oh, no need to do that—!" Sammy exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"Well y'see, there's still plenty to do here besides ride rides!" the worker chimed in.

"Really...? 😒 Like— besides makeovers..?"